OT/ Anyone planning a summer vacation?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LV2HNT

OT/ Anyone planning a summer vacation?

Post by LV2HNT »

I am trying to decide what to do this year. The last few years have been spent at Chincoteague in VA and Folly beach in SC. They are both great places with some great fishing if you can time it right. This year I have been thinking of something different though. My girlfriend wants to go to Niagra falls since we will be in NY for a wedding, but I don't have my passport :oops: . So I am leaning towards Cedar Point in Ohio. I have a coworker that goes almost every year and loves it. Plus I have never been to Ohio and I realy want to see the land that produces those giant bucks. Any of you guys ever been there?
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Lots of great things to do in that area!

The amusement park is second to none if you are a roller coaster enthusiast.

A great time can be had by going to the islands, Put-In-Bay etc and sampling all the wine that is grown on the surrounding islands.

But best of all is the walleye fishing in the area. There are charters galore and the cost is reasonable and a great time can be had by all including the non-angler.

I live about as far away in Ohio as you can get from this area so I only visit about every other year. We have some forum members who live up that way that should be able to give you more specific details about the area.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

While I've never been there myself, Tyler has been there a few times while visiting my mother in law and he absolutely loves it. He's looking over my shoulder telling which rides to ride 8) . Being on the coast we try to head to the mountains when we take a vacation :wink: . Whatever you decide, be safe and enjoy!!!!!!!

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote: Being on the coast we try to head to the mountains when we take a vacation :wink:
LOL, Ray! :D :D

Did you ever notice that all the motels and restaurants in the mountains have pictures of the coast ... and vice-versa?

What astounds me is that so many folks around here will go to THE VERY SAME PLACE EVERY YEAR FOR VACATION ... year after year. Not exactly the explorer type.

Not me. I like variety. We're heading for New England in May. I am never happier than when I'm someplace I've never been before. If I were rich, I'd use home for base camp and see the world.

I stay lots of free nights in resorts just for listening to their 90 minute sales-pitches for timeshares. We've had a lot of memorable 3-day mini-vacations staying in some pretty posh accomodations ... all for saying "No, thanks" about 20 times. Not a bad deal. :D :wink:
Grizz
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

LV2HNT Mikes got it spot on again... I live about 30 minutes from cedar point. If you like roller coasters you will love it. But are bread in butter in the sumer is the lake. No better night live than the islands on a nice sumer night, after a long day of fishing for big walleye! If you are planing on coming up here this summer i would get your hotel room asap! They are somewhat hard to come bye in the cedar point season. If you need any info on places up here id be glad to help you.
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Thanks for the info guys. I have always tried to pick places that both my girlfriend and I would enjoy, which is why we usualy end up at the beach. She can get as much sun and swimming as she can handle, and I can wet my thirst for fishing. I was thinking that we would both enjoy Cedar Point because of the amusement park and I would just have to forget about fishing this year. But your mention of the walleye fishing there has gotten me very excited! I can't wait to try it!

I have been researching the area and have decided I would like to stay at Cedar Point or Put-In-Bay, but I am not sure what to pick. Can you give me any tips? I am leaning towards Cedar Point but I would like to still go to Put-In for some dinners and night life. I am not sure how far the trip is between the two though or what the ferry schedule is. Can I take a ferry back and forth at any time? Also, can I get a charter from either place, and can you recomend a good one for a good price?

Thanks again!

Ray and Grizz, I know what you mean. The grass is always greener on the other side, or they think so anyway. I spend so much time in the mountains that my girl friend would be pissed if I tried to take her there for vacation. I don't mind though because I think I actualy enjoy salt water fishing more than fresh water because of the variety. I could do without the crowds, but it is still worth it to get out somewhere new and soak it all up. Come to think of it, I have been to atleast one beach in every state from N.J. to S.C. and Fl. I may have to head for the gulf next time, or maybe you will sway me into heading to Main or New England with reports of your trips.

Tyler, I will be looking to try most of the rides atleast once. I hope the lines arn't too long so I can realy pack them in, but I am not going to count on it. Which are the most popular ones that you think I should ride first, before the lines get packed?
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I will probably be doing the usual this summer.... beach all day, fishing all evening and partying all night. :lol:
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Heading to a Provincial Park for some Good Fishin' and R&R. I love Snowboardin' but my job relys on good weather and winter puts me in debt. Glad for the good weather now and the work coming in( thanks God for hearing my "little" prayers) but looking forward to the outdoor camping.
Mark
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I would say you would be better of staying in sandusky by cedar point. for the simple reason if you stay on the islands you have a curfew, because of the ferries last run. You cant go back and forth anytime the run somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 times a day. What time of the year are you planing this trip? That depends on where your going to catch the big school of walleyes at. Which depends on which charter you want.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'll be spending every possible weekend at the cottage at Lake Simcoe. All of August spend 4 day weekends there. Same old thing which is what I want.
Some people just like stepping on rakes