Hunt of a lifetime

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Esox

Post by Esox »

Ray,
The first time flying is by far more scary than any other form of transportation... That's bacisally because until we do a few trips we really don't know what to expect. We don't know the whole pre-flight process, the ticketing, baggage check, the security checks and all. And then once we're onboard, we don't know the actual "feeling" of flying, we don't know what the different "sounds" mean or how we're going to react to the experience. That's because we are out of our element and in it's basic form it is an unnatural experience for earth bound creatures. But that's simply because we don't know what to expect... That's probably why you're freaking out... The "WHAT IF's" have you worried..... However, flying on a modern commercial airliner is like being on a hugh bus.... that just happens to be in the air... Once you're on board and you sit back and relax and just let the pilot and flight crew take control of things, everything and I mean everything from there on is a piece of cake... You're worked up over the unknown...and the best way to quelch your concerns is to talk to the airlines people about any questions you may have... They really go out of their way to take care of special needs folks and they really want you to have a pleasant flight.. If I were you, I'd call the airlines and explain your concerns and then call them back again with any other questions that you may have, and if necessary call them again to make sure you heard correctly.... Then you will see that there's NOTHING that they won't do to make your flight enjoyable.....
If you're not convinced give a call to another disabled hunter that may have experiecne flying and see what they have to say.... That's the first steps to easing your mind.....and if that you're still uneasy...take a small trip somewhere.. Perhaps a little 3 day, long weekend vacation by plane to see what it's all about... Then you'll be better prepared for the hunting trip to Maine.....
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Ray you have to Cowboy Up :wink: on this one for Tylers sake, Flying is no big deal If you really feel that nervous go see your doctor and he can give you something to help you out. as far as Tyler missing school this trip is a great learning experiernce in its self Go for it. My wife and i have 7 acres of land in Franklin Maine just out of Bangor, That is where she is from, Some of the most Beautiful country i have ever seen.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

You are going to love it Ray!!! The flight may not be your cup of tea, but it is more than worth it. Not only will you be going on a great hunt in a beautifull land. You will also be teaching or reinforcing some very valuable lessons for Tyler and yourself about responsibility, (getting his school work done) courage, (facing your fears head on) sacrifice, (doing what you don't want for the sake of your loved ones and to enjoy your sport) and faith (trusting in god to keep you safe).

I believe you guys are being rewarded for your good deeds but most of the time, nothing is free. You will have to face your fears to get those rewards. By doing that, you and Tyler will both become better people after this and that is the way god wants it.

I think you will be fine but it may be a good idea to get some medication incase you take off and start to feel bad. I realy don't think you will need it though. Also make sure you talk to the outfitter and make a plan to get your meat and maybe capes back home when it's over. Have a blast, and do ma a favor too. Reward yourselves with a couple lobsters if you get the chance.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Thanks for all the support guys. I'm just going to give my fears to the Master and trust in Christ to get me there.

Thanks for the link Wabi :shock:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Hey Ray i got the answear Take a Valume , just kidding LOL, i hope you and Tyler do go on this trip you both deserve it , "Just Do It" & besides we really want to se some cool pics, oh ya & if you do start to freek out on the plane give tyler the camera , that could be some real funny pics also LOL , have fun it will ok & Congrats to you and Tyler. Dave.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

raydaughety wrote:Thanks for all the support guys. I'm just going to give my fears to the Master and trust in Christ to get me there.

Thanks for the link Wabi :shock:
NOW your talk'n buddy !!!!!
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
maple

Post by maple »

Ray,

You are going through the same nerve-wracking experience many of us have. But boy, I think you'll be surprised. After so many trepidations and concerns, flying is nothing short of great! My humble advice is get a window seat with a clear view (not above the wing) and watch the world go by.

You can see your nieghbourhood, your town, your rivers, fields and highways, and the clouds to boot. It's a fantastic experience once you get over the initial (quite normal) jitters. I don't fly much myself, but now that I have been up a few times, I thoroughly look forward to it. You may well find yourself planning your next trip by air.

Take a mild calmer-downer/gravol if you'd feel better, I take a gravol just for the 'possible' turbulance. Some just carry a flask.

And you know Ray, we'll all be in the air with you giving you all the understanding and support we can.
Dimteni

Post by Dimteni »

Go for it Ray! Don't ever let schooling get in the way of your kids education!!

It's another chance to experience God's Awesome Creation!

Kevin
saxman

Post by saxman »

Dimteni wrote:Go for it Ray! Don't ever let schooling get in the way of your kids education!!

It's another chance to experience God's Awesome Creation!

Kevin
Good one.
When a young man asked guitar legend Chett Atkins if he knew music theroy(I call it book learnin) He said
"Not enough to hurt my playin"

May he R.I.P.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Ray
The easiest way to describe the takeoff is if you remember when you were slightly younger and one of your buddies had a real fast car .When they took off from the light and you were supposed to try and reach the bill on the dash .About the same feeling it is not unpleasant it just pushs you back in your seat .My first experience was when I joined the Forces ,took off from Trenton for basic .I was apprehensive at first but after the first takeoff it was a piece of cake . :D
Take the trip for Tylers sake .