Help Me

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8up

Help Me

Post by 8up »

Help me save money by not making mistakes. I just bought a 2008 Vortex and need to get myself setup.

BPF= Best Price found
I know I want a Lumi-zone scope $109.62 + shipping BPF
Scope Rings $9.73 + shipping BPF
Scope rail $17.25 + shipping BPF
Boo string ?? how much and where do I order?
Top quiver mount ?? how much and where do I order?
Case - Whats the best for the money? It won't travel much.
Sling - Whats recommened?

Should I get the Right stuff package $133.30 + shipping BPF OR buy things seperate that way I can pick different arrows and broadheads? I think I like the idea of shooting Rage 2 blade expandables with this much KE.

And last How much does the limbsaver STS help with noise? Where can one be ordered and how much?

Now the sell the mathews to pay for this stuff lol

Thanks for any and all help
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome, 8up! :D

Just send Boo a PM or email ... click on his name in a thread (you'll see it lots) and he'll help you out. He can tell you about the STS system, too.

The Groundpounder topmount seems highly recommended. Same thing ... just PM him.

Excalibur's own soft case would do you fine.

The sling you like is the one for you ... just like with a gun. I use a homemade one that's very long, so I can shoulder it with the sling on (like a safari sling) and use it to support the crossbow when I'm sitting.

Have fiun! :)
Grizz
Rich

Post by Rich »

8up,

You can't go wrong with the Right Stuff Package (RSP) you will end up buying all of it anyway in the long run. As far as the STS, I think that is something you can do without right now, shot the bow first and then decide if you really need it. A BOO string compliments any EXCAL, a must have in my books. As far as the Rages, they shoot great but are on the high side as far as pricing goes. Just go with the RSP right now and you probably find out you'll be happy right from the start, once you get used to the bow then start experimenting.

Rich
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

For pricing on Boo strings . . .go here . . .

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=18801

Groundpounder mount . . .go here . . .

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=16136
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
maple

Post by maple »

Deleted
hawg hunter

Best prices

Post by hawg hunter »

Dan Miller, Horizontal Archery in Sardis, Ohio, Great guy and good prices. He's the factory rep for Excal.
8up

Post by 8up »

Thanks for the Help everyone.

My only real concern is If I buy the "right stuff package" and then buy a boo string and a groundpounder mount then I will have 2 useless strings and 1 useless quiver bracket. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get around paying for the things I won't use lol.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

8up wrote:Thanks for the Help everyone.

My only real concern is If I buy the "right stuff package" and then buy a boo string and a groundpounder mount then I will have 2 useless strings and 1 useless quiver bracket. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get around paying for the things I won't use lol.

It's always good to have a spare string with you,,, never know when you will need one :wink:

welcome to the forum
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Rich

Post by Rich »

8up.

Here is a quick break down of the right stuff package from Bowhunter Superstore:

(Prices rounded up)

Quiver 26
Excel String 19
Scope mnt 20
Rings 13
Wax 4
Stringer 19
Bracket 10
Rope cocker 20
6 GT II's 41
6 Wasp Boss 30
6 Filed tips 5

Total= $207

The right stuff package is $160, so your still ahead $47. The strings you will use, I shoot in the off season with regular strings and switch to my BOO string for hunting season.

Rich
8up

Post by 8up »

Thanks Everyone.

Rich first thank you for looking it up. The scope mount is not included in the package so it would total up to $187 so I wouls save $27 there. I am ordering the right stuff package but I found it for $133
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

I would recommend you try the broadheads that come with the xbow first. I have had very good luck and accuracy with the Wasps. Never had to track farther than 70 yards, great blood trail no problems.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Welcome to the Forum :) You can not go wrong with the right stuff package, Then as you have a little extra cash you can customize as you like. With the right stuff package you are ready to hunt now if you want!!!! I allso like the Wasp Broad heads i have never had a problem with them.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]