OT: Motorcycles

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Northern

OT: Motorcycles

Post by Northern »

Spring is here, any other Motorcycle enthusiasts?

My 2006 Harley Street Glide

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

You bet! 8)

Not riding currently, but I've been many a mile down the road astride a v-twin. Put 18,500 miles on one in 1992! I think my butt's too old for that now! :oops:

Plan on getting another one; probably this fall.

I love motorcycling.

Nothing like the wind in your face and bugs in your teeth. :D :wink:

Maybe I should get a fairing! :shock:
Grizz
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Nothing better. I have had three over the years. A Suzuki 650 (cruiser), a 900 Ninja, and the last one was a Honda 750 VFR. Liked the Honda the best. Nice and light, but still went like snot!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Id love to get one, I want a Honda CBR but after my mom saw some of the stuff i did on dirtbikes and atvs she siad i have to wait till i move out ..
I cant wait haha.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Al

Post by Al »

Today was a beautiful sunny day, still too much snow but the prospect of riding is exciting. I hope to be taking my bikes out of storage in the next couple of weeks.

Ride safe.
KLS

Post by KLS »

along with hunting motorcycles are my main passion in life, I've been riding/racing dirtbikes since I was 5 years old and riding streetbikes since I've had my drivers liscence...

I've been slowly getting mine out and ready for riding this year, theres been quite a few guys out already but its still a little too cold out for me yet, plus all the salt thats still on the roads

heres a few bikes I currently own...

my R1

my FZR that I sold and then got right back...

an old 3 cylinder 2 stroke kawasaki

sold this to my brother just recently

I also own a suzuki GSXR750(another sportbike) that I dont have any pictures of online and I have several other bikes laying around that are mostly just parts bikes or various projects
KLS

Post by KLS »

my kids' bikes...

my sons KX65(this little thing is FAST...)

my daughters PW80

and a pocket bike that was supposed to be mine but it got overtaken by my kids as soon as its tires hit the driveway...
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I use too 8)  Untill i became one of the First types of motor cycle riders in my Quote I was lucky and only needed to be stitched up and lots of road rash and bruises :lol:  :lol:
There are only two types of Motorcycle riders Those who have crashed and those who are going to crash :(
I was LUCKY and have never ridden since :cry: [1972 was the year]
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

I rode one for about an hour then it rode me for about 100 feet and I never got back on.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

There are only two types of Motorcycle riders Those who have crashed and those who are going to crash :(
True enough. I've been down once ... riding a girlfriend two-up on a cruiser ... having her on changed the handling dynamics enough that when I entered a curve just down the road from the house the bike developed a fork wobble that I couldn't correct, so I let it go down on the side of the road (better grass and mud in the ditch than pine trees straight on). I told her we were going to take a slide, and to let go when it went down and relax as much as possible. She did, and was launched over me into the grass. Not so much as a scratch. As we weren't going very fast, about 20 mph, I elected to stay on, since I was wearing jacket, boots and glove. I fared well too. Scraped a hole in my jeans and my knee, but it wasn't bad. The bike had a bent mirror, a ground-up peg and clutch bar.

All in all, it wasn't bad. But the proverb holds true; I had tens of thousands of miles of experience in lots of conditions before I had that wreck! :oops: Happens to us all sooner or later.

That said, I don't believe motorcycles are as dangerous as a lot of people think they are, especially if you drive defensively ... because the real threat is people who don't see you or don't care when they do.

For those who do now or will again soon (like me) ... good biking! Be safe. :D :D
Grizz
tworr

Post by tworr »

I learned to ride a early 70's Honda XL125 when I was seven. I later moved up to a XL185 through Jr. High and had different bikes through the years.

I sold this VX800 a couple years ago and got off the pavement due to too many close calls with cars not looking or intentionally trying to run me off the road.
These days I stick to off-road on my Honda XR400 dirtbike and dress like a power ranger.

Tworr
dnepr

Post by dnepr »

Oh ya can't wait for the snow to finally decide to go away.
Riding motorcycles is the only thing I have been doing longer than hunting. I always believed hunting was designed for the biker, fall comes and you get all fired up about hunting and before you know it there is snow on the ground . By the time you realize you can't ride anymore your bike has been sitting on the sidestand for months.
I even combine the 2 a bit , I have a little Honda on/off that I use to drag deer out of the bush with. I hang a travoe (sp) off the back and go. no one ever believes it works until they see me do it.
hopefully by this fall I will have my sidecar refurbed and will be using that also . do you think people will realize it is a dead deer in the sidecar if I put shades and a helmet on him :lol:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

04 Triumph Bonneville America is my present ride. Have had over 40 bikes over the years.

[img][img]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/a ... 7/bike.jpg[/img][/img]
"Eze 18:21"
wabi

Post by wabi »

I gave up riding them when I got out of the ICU in July 1987.
Actually I did get on one and rode it about 1/2 mile after I got the back brace off, just to be macho and prove I could still ride. :wink:
Still no memory of the accident, or the following 5 days.
wabi
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I never owned one, but rode one my dad purchased back in the late 60s. We never got a licence for it, so only rode it until the existing plate expired. After that I'd ride it up and down our private drive.

One day, while trying to show-off, I tried to pop a "wheelie". Being that it was only a 50cc Honda Semi-Auto it wasn't easy, but I tried none the less, by revving it and then kicking it into gear. :roll:

Well up it went 90 degrees, I slid off the seat. Still holding onto the handlebars and throttle, I chased it up the drive. What a sight. :oops:

I managed to "steer" it into the side of the house, bounce the bottom of the front tire off the wall a couple of times, before brinking it back to the ground. :lol: :lol: Both I and the bike survived without a scratch, but I figured the next time I won't be so lucky, so needless to say wheelies were out of the question from then on. :lol:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.