Wanted: Your Field experiences with complete pass throughs .

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

Anything coming out of a Exomax will get a pass through.

Even any arrow from the Vixen will get a pass through on a deer.

I wouldn't be worried about it.

You don't need cut on impact broadheads either.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

like said, if you hit bone its gonna slow the bolt alot! If you miss any major bone then no one should have pass through issues with an xbow

I shoot a 375-380gr bolt

My first buck at 28 yards and 100gr slick tricks didnt give me a pass through since I nailed the front shoulder on a quartering forward angle. But the buck only ran 50 yards before dropping so it did the job.

the second mature buck I shot this past year I tried the rage 3 blade head. The shot was a pass through at 32yards and I did clip the backhalf of the front shoulder bone. That deer only went 30 yards. I really like the rage heads and also love slick tricks. The main reason I switched to the rage was for a bigger cutting diameter:)

but again, a pass through really only depends on 1 thing.. where you HIT THE ANIMAL!
sevenmmstalker

Post by sevenmmstalker »

I thank all of you that provided me your experiences in the field. It gave me years of valuable experience, and the assurance we are on track.
Hunters do it in the woods.
Exomax
Carutht

Pass through field experiences

Post by Carutht »

A large thanks to everyone for sharing your experience with us since I am the other brother. We thought we were on track but confirmation by those that have walked the walk is appreciated.
TC
BigBear

Re: Wanted: Your Field experiences with complete pass throug

Post by BigBear »

I (we) have taken several Deer, Bear and wild boar with the vixen, and it's bigger brothers using bolts 400grs. plus..99% of the time was a complete pass thru, the furthest shoot being 40yds with a 165lb exocet doing about 285fps...hope this helps...just remember shot placement is the key to any hunting tool.
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

SO far 4 deer = 4 thru and thru's. Most touchy one was a 17 yard shot from a tree stnad. I estimated 20 yards therefore hit high. Shoulder blade deflected the bolt thru a single lung, stomach and exit gut. Deer went 160 yards. Two others were 30 yards thru and thru and one was a 20 yard quartering two with an entrance , single lung, liver, exit rear hind. Went thru allot of muscle and some bone - no problem.