OUR HEARTBREAK

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

OUR HEARTBREAK

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Some of you know that April and I lost an infant daughter five years ago. Hannah's development in the womb was uneventful in every way, and April went into normal labor on May 22, 2003. Everything was proceeding as expected when suddenly there was a problem with the baby's heart rate, and mother and child were rushed into surgery for an emergency c-section. Hannah went into cardiac arrest upon delivery, and though the doctors tried to revive her for 45 frantic minutes, our baby died there in that room on May 23rd.

Hannah was beautiful in every way; autopsy was inconclusive and showed no reason why this happened ... it was just "one of those things." I'm sure you can imagine our pain and grief. To this day, it burns like fire. It's not something you "get over" ... but life goes on, and we must too.

Of course, we hoped to have another child ... and we tried ... but something happened to April's reproductive system as a result of the emergency c-section; her periods were sporadic, her ovulation was inconsistent, and her hormone levels were abnormal. We never conceived another, so far as we know ... there were a few hopeful times, but she either miscarried very early, or else it was just a result of her abnormalities.

This has been our situation for the last five years ... three years of emotional ups and downs, and two years of dwindling hopes ... but there's always been that flicker of hope, for there's always been that chance that our dream would be.

Until now.

April got the sad news at her OB-GYN yesterday; it is certain now that we will not have any more children.

I don't know what to say about that, except that I felt like sharing it here. In truth, aside from family and church family, ya'll are people I feel like telling about it.

It hurts, you know. The death of that hope feels a lot like the death of our baby. I just feel all dried up inside.

But I'm gonna hang in there. You can bet on that.

I would like it if ya'll would keep us in your prayers, and especially if you would pray for April. It is a horrible thing to see your wife's tears in situations like these, and to be so very helpless to do anything about it.

I want to thank ya'll for the cyber-relationships I have with you. It means a lot ... lots of love and goodwill on here ... it's what a forum should be.
Grizz
wabi

Post by wabi »

Grizz,
Sorry to hear of the sad events and grief they have caused.
I will definately remember all of you in my prayers!
wabi
Digger

Post by Digger »

I am sorry tu hear your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Sorry to hear and will do. It can take some getting use to the idea as it did me but both of my daughters now ages 5 and 8 were adopted. My wife was in the delivery room with my oldest Alexandria so we received her on day one. And we received Bailey when she was a month old. I know some do not wish to go the route of adoption but it is an option. They are and always will be MY girls.
Why ride when you can walk!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Adam, I feel for you and April, and I am at a loss for words. What can one say, at times like these? I suppose all that can be hoped for is that God gives us the strength to carry on and preserve. I believe that there’s always a balance in life. Usually, when a door is closed a window is opened. Be strong, together you and April shall overcome.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Grizz,My heart aches for you and April.I knew of your loss of Hannah and cant imagine the pain you both must feel and sometimes with that kind of hurt it seems like that is all life does is GO ON.You both have strength beyond measure,strength that only comes from faith in God.Turn this over to the father as he walks with you both through this.And as the song says

Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrow.
But if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow.
Lean on me, when you're not strong and I'll be your friend.
I'll help you carry on, for it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody
to lean on.

If there is a load you have to bear that you can't carry.
I'm right up the road, I'll share your load if you just call me.

You have our prayers
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Very sorry to hear , life deals some bad cards to us sometimes , try to stay strong , my thoughts are with you , all you can really do is hold your wife tight and tell her you love her , all the best my friend . Dave.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
Normous

Post by Normous »

Sorry to here that.
I can put myself in your shoes. Patti was involved in a car accident at the age of 13 and a tight lap belt caused numerous injuries to the reproductive tract. We can't have children either.
We are forunate and decided to put alot of energy in our own relationship together. It seems to be working well, as we are together 23 years, without any problems that we can't take car of. Patti works with children and is fullfilled with her chosen work. My girls are the twins next door.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Sometimes it's nearly impossible to think of the right words, Grizz. This is one of them. Your family has my prayers.
"Eze 18:21"
diesel

Post by diesel »

Grizz,
So very sorry to hear that. My wife and I had problems too. I to know very well there is nothing that I can say or do to easy your pain. I will pary for you and your wife .
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I'm so sorry Grizz. and relate to your loss with personal experience.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Sorry to hear about your loss also Grizz.

I agree with groundpounder. My sister adopted . . .there's no difference in the love that they share. I would adopt without hesitation. It's very rewarding.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Grizz, the loss of a child is unbearable. Now the loss of hope of having another... hard to comprehend that God would let that happen. I so wish the situation were different for you & April. I pray that God will surround you and April with his love and comfort. This forum family shares your sorrow and tears.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Im so sorry to hear that!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
bbbwb

Heartbreak

Post by bbbwb »

Very sorry to hear of your sad and devastating news. Comfort one another and as a couple stride forth. You are most fortunate to have each other to bolster each others strength for the days ahead.
bbbwb