Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

lighted nock

Post by dutchhunter »

Has anybody come up whit a lighted flat nock for a excal. :D
diesel

Post by diesel »

You can buy them @ Bow Hunters Super Store cost about $8.00 each.
Rich

Post by Rich »

LUMINOK's work great, if using GT II's you must order directly from Burt Coyote Company.

Rich
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I use a Lumenock on my Beaman Thunderbolts. I keep one or two in my quiver for the lowlight in the AM and PM. They work fine but the wires that make the connection tend to dimple the end of the carbon shaft a little (it really is minor). I don't shoot them a lot, but when I do I turn the nock a little so it isn't always in the same spot. The damage can be cleaned up easily with the G5 ASD.

Also of note is that the Beaman Thunderbolt has a low FOC and my arrows that have the Lumenocks in them fly a little differently.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

I like the lighted nocks,the wire running to the generater make it easy to pull in your bolts after you shoot.You can get them at Princess Auto
saxman

Post by saxman »

I use the tracearrow,now owned by Easton.It uses a magnet to activate,which I do not like,but they work.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I also use the Tracers. I thought I'd hate the magnet, but I've never had one fail to light up and I find it far superior to the Lumenoks on my vert bow that I have to wiggle out a little to turn them off.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Corvus wrote:I also use the Tracers. I thought I'd hate the magnet, but I've never had one fail to light up and I find it far superior to the Lumenoks on my vert bow that I have to wiggle out a little to turn them off.
I did find a nice spot for the magnet and I agree,they have never failed to light and they are very bright,the magnet has never come off either after MANY shots,They fit very snug and I had to make sure I got all the old insert adheasive out so it would go all the way in.
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

saxman wrote:
Corvus wrote:I also use the Tracers. I thought I'd hate the magnet, but I've never had one fail to light up and I find it far superior to the Lumenoks on my vert bow that I have to wiggle out a little to turn them off.
I did find a nice spot for the magnet and I agree,they have never failed to light and they are very bright,the magnet has never come off either after MANY shots,They fit very snug and I had to make sure I got all the old insert adheasive out so it would go all the way in.
Hey Sax , where on your crossbow did you put the magnet ? & what arrows did you put the tracers in ? & what glue did you use to stick the magnet on with ? Dave.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

These tracers sound like they may be the thing for bear hunting .
saxman

Post by saxman »

xbowking wrote:
saxman wrote:
Hey Sax , where on your crossbow did you put the magnet ? & what arrows did you put the tracers in ? & what glue did you use to stick the magnet on with ? Dave.
I'm headed to church right now but will post pics when I get back.
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:) I do this a little different since I make my own bolts. I insert a piece if 1/4 " dowel stick, an idea I picked up on another site and enlarge my rear insert large enough to insert a thill led (push in-on,Pull out-off ) inside.
After the shot, I use shrink tubing to remove the led, then I can still use a T handle to remove the bolt. I had to re tap the rear insert to fit a little larger thread. The thillite is $3 @ walmart. (in the fishing float dept.) The rear of the led fits up against the dowel rod.
saxman

Post by saxman »

xbowking wrote:
saxman wrote:
I placed mine in the broadhead cutout in the riser making sure the head or fletching made no contact,It lights everytime,the magnet has not come off ever and after 10 or 20 seconds it starts to flash and will for 90 hours

Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011