My first strutter of the year

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Old Buck

My first strutter of the year

Post by Old Buck »

Yesterday I took a walk in a no hunting area behind the house. At one point I thought I would try the diaphram call, I did 2 yelps and got an answer from a hen. She realy gave me proper hell. ( So as doe master has said imitate her call,s and see what happens.) I did and low and behold she realy cranked up, She then came toward me draging along another three hen,s that I could see. Then one on the left opened up the most fantastic fan I have seen in while, and a beard like a rope, at least 10 in. I shut up and she finally took them all away from me. I guess she did,nt want to share her tom. :P :P :P . I hope the same thing happens when the season finaly opens. Lots of luck everbody in your quest for your long beard this year. Realy looking forward to the opener.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

That sounds like a great pre-season warm-up! Guess you're all primed now, huh? Hope that you get a repeat performance soon! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

What no pictures come on ,we NEED pictures . :lol:
Old Buck

Post by Old Buck »

Doemaster; had the camera but between getting an answer and calling what is your shakey pa supposed to do to take a decent picture he can post :?: :?: :?:
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Sounds like a very peaceful and promising walk :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I love pre-season scouting, but I don't take any calls with me. I don't want to educate them too quickyly :wink: . The woods are still really wet, so I'll leave em alone for a week or two.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TYE

Post by TYE »

I went and bought a whack of stuff today. I'm a few hundred dollars poorer now... :(
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Thing is E is it is absolutely no hunting there so it is a great spot to practice and see birds.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Practice makes perfect! You want to be careful you don't catch a C.O. having a bad day, cause calling outside of a season and with no licence is illegal. Stuip regulation if you ask me, but it is what it is.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Yesterday heading into work rounded a corner with a truck and trailer in front quickly on with the brakes. Wondered what his problem was and noticed 6 jakes SLOWLY crossing the road, I pulled over when MR. Tom flew over the road from the home owners roadside sign. 25+ lbs. Glad we have permission for that bush. Was going to scout the area this week looking but now I know, just need to find the roost and travel area.
Mark