We're back!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

We're back!!!!!

Post by raydaughety »

Tyler and I got home late last night and his turkey hunt was one to remember. Unfortunately, he didn't harvest a gobbler but we had a wonderful time. The birds flew down off the roost, right behind the blind instead of in the field where the decoys were. They just weren't gobbling :? . Then came the rain. At about 3:00 pm we realized that the rain was set in and wasn't going to let up so we decided to pack up and head home. We had a wonderful time though and met some nice Christian folks. We stayed with Jeff Wade from Roostem Calls ( www.roostem.com ) Jeff is a very talented man. He makes a beautiful custom box call at an extremely good price. Jeff made a custom call for Tyler with his name engraved on it. Jeff is a prostaffer for "Outdoor Adventures", a television show hosted by Ray Kelly.

Tyler received many gifts including the call, a DVD, a decoy, a mouth call, hats, gloves, a face mask, t-shirts, a multi-tool but the best gift of all was a certificate that was issued by Pastor Ian Gilpatric , founder and president of Christian Whitetail Hunters announcing Tyler as an Honorary Member. This is the organization that has invited Tyler and I to come hunt in Maine. I'll try to scan the certificate as well as post few pictures.

Again, I really want to thank you guys for all that you have done for us. The hunt was a huge success in our eyes as most hunts are. Tyler was told many times about the number of birds in the area and the chances of harvesting a bird were great but I also felt obligated to remind Tyler that hunt is hunting and there are no guarantees.

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
saxman

Post by saxman »

Looks like a great time was had by all.Most turkey hunts turn out thatway,on rare occasion you get to bag a bird,that is just one of many hunts to come for you both,Glad you are safe and that is a fine looking box call :D :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Big John

tyler

Post by Big John »

Well done Tyler! 8)
You came away without a bird, but you gained a heck of a lot more!! :wink: :) Keep with it. I'm sure we will be hearing a lot more about your success' more than anything. :D

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Tyler I am so proud to have you and your father as friends. If you keep up the fine work and setting such examples for people to live by you may be hosting your own hunting show some day :) . I am glad you and your Dad had such a Great time :D . God Bless glad you are back :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

glad you had a great trip , yes it's not all about getting an animal or bird its about just being out there , and being with great people. :) .
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

You've got a pile of wonderful memories from a great hunt and you've whetted an appetite! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Great to hear you had a memorable trip!
wabi
Esox

Post by Esox »

Ray, You're right on the money when there are no guarantees in hunting... It happens more times then not that something can go wrong on a turkey hunt, and weather plays a hugh part of what can go wrong... I bet Tyler still had fun just to be out there doing it... and that's what counts....
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Tyler and Ray ...

Sorry you didn't get a bird, but I figured you were in for it ... someone sure turned the faucets on here! Poured ALL DAY long.

Glad you had a good time anyhow! :D
Grizz
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Ray and Tyler
It's great to get out together and see nature "hatching" before your eyes.
I Love the Spring seeing God's creation develpo before your eyes as everything wakes up in the morning and brightens during the day, but in your case I guess it was pouring over eh!
I love fishing also and rarely bring anything home, but I do have a blast anyway with our kids and friends.
mark