Securing 2 guns in a 2 gun case

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Securing 2 guns in a 2 gun case

Post by Pydpiper »

I have a double gun case, there are no straps, just the foam layers. When I put two guns in it they tend to want slowly move to the bottom, together defeating the whole purpose of putting them in a case!
I considered making Velcro straps and riveting them in there to hold the guns individually, but thought I would check to see if there are any better ideas I have overlooked.

This case will be mounted standing up in my vehicle, in the same position it is in while carried.
Thanks!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Cut a piece of 1x2" wood and put in under the foam (wedge it in) on one side of the case. Place the guns so when you close the case they will rest on the wood cross member and not slide down.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Normous

Post by Normous »

His and hers guns? :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

enormous wrote:His and hers guns? :lol:
Not yet Norm, she has her own case anyways.. :D I am trying to figure out a way to keep a couple rifles with me, or for when my son and I go to the range, his little rifle is only 30" long which will make my velcro strap idea difficult. I want it to be able to keep a shotty and a M77 or another rifle in the same case.
When Jenn comes the same bracket I am making will hold two seperate cases as well as one double case.

Besides, shouldn't you be in that sports car thread on here? :D I am certainly looking forward to some pictures.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

I must live in the stone age or something :? , nobody I know has a digital camera to take a car photo or two. My neighbour does, but we work opposite shifts and I never see him. I need one big time.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Replace the rubber foam on one side with with Styrofoam then cut out (part of the way through) an indentation for each gun. I'm using Velcro straps but they don't work all that well.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Cossack wrote:Replace the rubber foam on one side with with Styrofoam then cut out (part of the way through) an indentation for each gun. I'm using Velcro straps but they don't work all that well.
That is a great idea! Only I never know what gun(s) I am going to bring.. If it were 2 dedicated guns I would do this idea today.
WMU 91
Boo string