Insurance?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Insurance?

Post by MADMAX2 »

I know this is a hunting forum but I just bought a new toy and went to insure a 1200 Suzuki I got a quote back in feb for 800$ so I thought high but no problem they also insure my truck.I called last week to put coverage on and low and behold 800$ goes to 1200$ and if I want fire and theft I need an alarm system installed :? I have been riding for 25yrs and thought a little to steep shopped around and found it for 800$ with fire and theft no alarm, guess who will be insuring my truck, sled and house .Any one else with similar experience with insurance companies :?:
The best things in life are not things!!
scmiata1990

Post by scmiata1990 »

I, and many others that I ride with, have gotten the best deal through the SPAM! riders plus (www.ridersplus.com toll free 1-877-251-4504). They use the Echelon Insurance Company. I pay about $700 per year for full coverage, (public liability, fire/theft and collision) on my 2003 VFR800.

No alarm required. They only insure my bike.

Good luck.

Danny
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

The insurance company's are all over with their prices . Will be shoopping for new company to insure my ATV . The company i am with is nailing me $400/year for it . They also cover my truck and car my house and a rental property . No deals for me :x
MADMAX2

Insurance?

Post by MADMAX2 »

Ya thanks for the response I think it pays to shop around,I guess like any thing you want to play you got to pay!!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

It's important to remember that insurance companies aren't out to "get you" ... sure, they intend to make a profit, like any business ... but their goal is not to take your premiums and give you nothing in return.

My wife April is a Tyrrell County North Carolina Farm Bureau insurance agent, and I know for a fact that every worker in the agency really cares for folks, and really works to help them in every way possible.

Everyone who wants insurance to work for them needs to keep in mind that the cheapest company isn't necessarily the best company, so it's never so simple as finding the lowest premium. You need to take a look at customer service and satisfaction statistics. Those tell the real tale about what a good deal on a policy is.

There was a thread on here some time back in which someone was lamenting a premium charge, but it was clear that they didn't realize the cost of their premium was balanced against the loss history of their area. It all depends on where you live, and what the numbers say.

I hope y'all can find a good company that charges a reasonable rate backed up with excellent customer service. :D
Grizz
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

well boys & girls my brother & i had our first car ,i was 18 it was a 1931 chevy coupe,we bought state farm insurance,,, i am 75 now & still have state farm insurance on my car, truck, house, & life,,never owned any other brand. ,,,how about that,,

hatchet jack
they say he is still up there.
bj

Post by bj »

rider's plus will give you the best stand alone policy premium out there...been there, done it....searched the insurance companies of the world - isn't that what your SPAM! is supposed to do anyhow :oops: ..bike insurance drives me nuts...good luck ! :wink:

Wayne.
Al

Post by Al »

I also insure my Harley with Riders Plus and have found them to be very competetive with their rates, they will not however insure my Honda as it's on their blacklist, for that I've turned to Dalton Timmis which may be another option for you. They can be reached at 1-866-472-0721. Hope that's helpful.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

My friend just bought a new triumph and the comany he is with wanted 1800$ a year he also has been riding for 25 yrs but because he has not had a bike for 3 yrs they penalize you.Rider plus for both of us.Thanks all