shipping

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

shipping

Post by dutchhunter »

hey guys does anybody know if worm will be allowed to shipp the black powder rifle to ontario canada :?: i am very intrested just not sure of the laws please any advise
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Of course there is a bureaucratic process.....these guys spell it out pretty good. You don't have to work with them......but there is considerable paperwork to be filled out at the other end. This will probably put you off this deal...................................I'm only the messenger lol.
Lots of guys do it. Mostly for high dollar guns though (worth their while).

http://www.questar.ca/
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Here is the info I recieved from the Firearm center when I wanted to bring a
muzzle loader into Canada . A copy of the email they sent me in response:

Importing Firearms - Canadian Residents (Individuals)

You are required to have a valid Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) for the type of firearm being imported; non-restricted or restricted, prior to importing the firearm into Canada.

SCENARIO # 1

A Canadian Citizen Wants to Import a Firearm Into Canada in the Near Future

The individual must have a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) for the type of firearm(s) being imported, restricted or non-restricted.

Contact Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) and inquire about the International Import Certificate (IIC), whether a restricted or non-restricted firearm is being imported. If, depending on the situation, such a permit is required it will be issued by DFAIT under the Import/Export Act. The number to obtain the permit is 1-800-267-8376 or (613) 996-2387 if calling from outside of Canada.

The form required for the registration of a newly imported firearm is Form CAFC 998E Application to Register Newly Acquired Firearms (For Individuals). The application must be completed with the full description of the firearm i.e. make, model, caliber, barrel length, shots, serial number, etc.... The form can be downloaded from the Internet at www.cfc.gc.ca. Please send the completed application to the address provided in the instructions. Please indicate if the firearm is being held at Canada Border Services Agency.

A registration certificate will be issued to you and must be presented to Canada Border Services Agency, along with your valid Possession & Acquisition licence for the firearm to be released to you.

REMINDER: If restricted firearms are being imported, an ATT issued by the Chief Firearms Office (CFO) will need to be provided to the Canada Border Services Agency Officer, along with the registration certificate and PAL at the time of importation.

SCENARIO # 2:

A CANADIAN RESIDENT arrives at the border and declares an unregistered firearm acquired outside of Canada.

You are advised to contact the Import Unit at the Canadian Firearms Registry, as soon as possible, during normal business hours. You may do so by calling 1-800-731-4000, ext. 1054, to obtain the proper documents and information to expedite the registration process.

NOTE: IT IS NOT PERMITTED FOR AN INDIVIDUAL TO IMPORT A PROHIBITED FIREARM INTO CANADA.

For further inquiries, please call our information line at 1 800 731-4000 or consult our website at www.cfc.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

Brenda

CPS Communications