What are you doing w/ your Y25 Relayer?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Keep it NIB as investment?
8%
Shoot it under pristine conditions to keep it flawless?
8%
Use it for hunting, ect and let the chips fall where they may?
83%

Total votes: 24

Skarek

Post by Skarek »

awshucks wrote:ok, I'm a putz on a puter. Can one of you guys post this poll for me?

Question: What are you doing w/ your Y25 Relayer?

[A] keep it NIB as investment?
shoot it under pristine conditions to keep it flawless?
[C] use it for hunting, ect and let the chips fall where they may?

Skip this part, lol, but I got mine today, # 997 LH. Shot it about 50 times, so [A] is out for me. The darn thing is too pretty to tear up w/ normal [for me] use and shoots too good to let just sit somewhere. I'm curious as to what all of your intentions are. TIA, puter whiz!!

Ok, done...
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Well, Awshucks, I don't have one, but if I did, I'd use it ... 'cause I've always thought that if you don't use it, you lose it. It's just my opinion, but my own philosophy is that if it was made to be shot, then shooting is what I'll do with it. I feel the same way about collectable cars and other things. Only in the case of extreme value would I refrain from putting something to it's intended use, and then I'd probably sell it to someone else.

I find a worn weapon far more interesting than one in new condition. :D
Grizz
Normous

Post by Normous »

When I recieve mine I plan to use it,shoot it and hunt with it as well. I regularly take extra care of my toys, I won't worry at all.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Digger

Post by Digger »

I woould use it if I had one, but don't like xbows over 175 lbs. But I also have an 18 year old Wolverine that is still NIB.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I do not have one. If I did have one I would probably leave it in the box and put it in one of the safes with the high end fire arms that I never shoot.

I use a carved tip exocet in the woods. I beat the hell out of it. I use a thirty-five year old 870 magnum in the field that I bought new; I beat the hell out of it also. And I like doing it!

I drive a 2002 Toyota Tundra TRD, off road version with the bilsteins. I bought it new. And yes, I drive it like I stole it.

I really believe that putting products to the use they were intended is decided by economic feasibility. Would the Y25 perform better then my old carved tip? Sure! Would it kill the deer any “deader” then my carved tip? I doubt it. Would I like to have a Y25? You bet your broadheads I would!

I just wouldn’t enjoy it using it out in the woods. I don’t have the luxury of worrying about possible damage to a crossbow. I need something that is going to take the punishment and ask for more. If the thought of damaging a piece of equipment caused me to alter any aspect of my hunting for fear of that damage it would drastically reduce my chances for success.

But, that’s just me. We all have our quirks. I will take a brand new high end four wheel drive pick up truck and drive it like I was going to throw it away when the tank hit empty. Yet I just would never be happy if I put a scratch on a Y25.
Northern

Post by Northern »

I plan to use mine. But I did by a camo stock (call Excalibur, they have seconds and there cheap!) and I plan to put it on when we go moose hunting. Quads, mud and muskeg. Need I say more. It will be in the bear stand with me in a few weeks!

Darrin
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I don't own one, but I do have an Exocet with a custom thumbhole pistol grip stock which is just as nice if not better, which I use for 3D.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Thanks guys! Guess I'll just booger mine up as slowly as possible. After some minor problems getting mine sighted in [idiot at the trigger] I finally shot it offhand. Money can't buy this one!
"Eze 18:21"
MountainBuck

Post by MountainBuck »

Just ordered mine today, but will be using it for hunting. You can bet my 15 year ole Son will not get his hands on it though! :D
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

I have sighted mine in but have just had a rotator cuff job done so won't be pulling on that string for a while :(
ranger

Post by ranger »

Let the chips fall where they may...........
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

bstout wrote:
awshucks wrote:Money can't buy this one!
I'm really glad to hear this, Dan! :D

I feel exactly the same way about my black Vixen. I wouldn't trade it for two of any other make or model.

My Excalibur Vixen belongs to me. I got it from Dan Miller which makes it even more special.

It's mine and money does not have the kind of authority it would take to change this.[/quot

Bob, I had one of them briefly. Carved tips black and grey camo stock? A guy I know here in Ar got ripped off on it from a gun/pawn shop ordering it for him from somewhere, not Excal I'm sure. anyhow, he paid more for it than an Emax and thought that was what he had. he tried uncocking my Emax one day thinking they were the same bow just different paint jobs, boy that was a hoot! Smokepolehall has her now, shoulda kept that one, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
ashlyngr

Post by ashlyngr »

I have #345. I'm 52 y/o man and a disabled veteran (U.S.). After losing both my parents to cancer, as well as my own health problems, I don't consider my Relayer Y25 an investment. Life is to short
I consider it a tool bought for the purpose of expanding the amount of time and opportunities for hunting. I feel the same about my firearms. I respect, clean, and maintain all the above, but I use them.

Thanks,
Bruce