Excal Draw Weights

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ehntr

Excal Draw Weights

Post by ehntr »

I'm looking at three different Excal models....i.e., Phoenix, Exocet 200, Exomax...I'm not looking at them physically.....just the pictures lol.

Phoenix has a pwr str of 14.5/dw of 175
Exo 200 has a pwr str of 15.5/dw of 200; and
ExoMax has a pwr str of 16.5/dw of 225

My questions are....

Is there any difference in the properies of the limbs for these three bows i.e., are the limbs the same for all 3 models? Is it just the length of the pwr str that changes the dw for these three bows?
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Digger

Post by Digger »

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Stash

Post by Stash »

You are correct - all the limbs are the same and it's only the power stroke that is different among the various models.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Stash wrote:You are correct - all the limbs are the same and it's only the power stroke that is different among the various models.
So it's a case of the rails of the different models being longer as opposed to anything to do with the limbs. (True or False?)

If this is true then could one not take the limbs and riser from an Exocet 200 and put them on a Exomax stock/rail........having the effect that the new combination is in fact an Exomax with a dw of 225#. This is to say that the stock and rail determines what bow you have.................nothing to do with the riser/limbs.

Just looking for confirmation or otherwise on this. Thanks for your input guys.............................................................................Randy
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

ehntr wrote: So it's a case of the rails of the different models being longer as opposed to anything to do with the limbs. (True or False?)

TRUE!
Grizz
Digger

Post by Digger »

If this is true then could one not take the limbs and riser from an Exocet 200 and put them on a Exomax stock/rail........having the effect that the new combination is in fact an Exomax with a dw of 225#. This is to say that the stock and rail determines what bow you have.................nothing to do with the riser/limbs.
True, true, I changed a Vixen to a Phoenix by just changing the rail, but since Vixen was a pre-2001 I also had to switch the riser and the carved limbs.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Rich

Post by Rich »

True, the crosshead assembly and limbs are identical between the Phoenix, Exocet and Max. The rail is the differance.

Rich
Last edited by Rich on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Why could one not make a series of adapters,one at 1",and the other at 2" to fit on the end of a Phoenix rail,and you have the versatility of all three different bows?
Basically extending the length of the rail.
Or is that an oversimplification?
Bob Vandrish.
Normous

Post by Normous »

BOB VANDRISH wrote:Why could one not make a series of adapters,one at 1",and the other at 2" to fit on the end of a Phoenix rail,and you have the versatility of all three different bows?
Basically extending the length of the rail.
Or is that an oversimplification?
A few here have.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family