A good morning

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

A good morning

Post by ecoaster »

It's here again. Turkey time :D . Just heading out the door. Good luck to all this season and be safe.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
dutchhunter

good luck

Post by dutchhunter »

lets go go go be safe good luck it is 4 20 !!!
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Shoot um up guys :wink: Have fun be Safe lets see some pictures :) :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
TYE

Post by TYE »

Just called my first turkey in. . . but he wouldn't come closer than fifty yards than took off the other direction. . . Got two more gobblin Back at me but nothing wants to come close.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Same Tye, I had one come in to 60yds, then just stopped, time to break out B-Mobile.
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
TYE

Post by TYE »

DropTine wrote:Same Tye, I had one come in to 60yds, then just stopped, time to break out B-Mobile.
I was lookin at that decoy. I can't afford one this year but I will definitely be picking up the B-Mobile next year.
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Set up this morning busted a hen off her roost.
Called her back in to within 8 yards, her and some other hens that were still roosted about 50 -60 yards away were going insane, clucking and yelping but not one friggan gobble. This went on for about 10 minutes and not a single gobble, eventually the hen moved on to the other hens and they flew down and slowly worked away form us.

Went to the second property and saw a tom already in the field, snuck in the bush but no dice. He gobbled once but i believe he was with a hen already.

On the way to a third property we saw two in a field, obtained permission and went on in. Set up and i started calling for my dad. He got impatient as we had herd no reply and nothing seemed to be moving our way, as he went to peek into a valley the birds we re in they spotted him and busted out. 5 in total.

Today i cant seem to buy a gobble. No toms are responding, its starting to get frustrating.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Hey Tye,

If you call to them and they gobble back but won't come in, try playing hard to get. If you are certain they hear you, then they know right where you are. It's hard, but put your call down and just be silent for a half hour or more. I have had good success with this technique. All of the bird I have killed have come in once I toned my calls down to a purr or shut up all together. Including the one I shot this morning :wink: . Try the silent treatment, it's deadly.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Mike,

I've seen toms moving slower than molases flowing up a tree in december. Have Patience, patience and more patience. If you know they are there and you call to them, they also know where you are. The first gobbler I shot took almost an hour to cross a 300yard wide field. It was agonizing to watch, but well worth it when I dropped the hammer on him at 25 yards.
TYE

Post by TYE »

ecoaster wrote:Hey Tye,

If you call to them and they gobble back but won't come in, try playing hard to get. If you are certain they hear you, then they know right where you are. It's hard, but put your call down and just be silent for a half hour or more. I have had good success with this technique. All of the bird I have killed have come in once I toned my calls down to a purr or shut up all together. Including the one I shot this morning :wink: . Try the silent treatment, it's deadly.
Tried that... didn't work.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Don't give up. It may not work today and tomorow they will be tripping over each other to get to your deke. Just enjoy the fact that you're seeing them. My brother in law is tied in knots each spring when I send him pics, because they don't have turkeys in Nova Scotia.