Snowed out

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Snowed out

Post by Cossack »

I was all set to scout turkeys tomorrow for my May 1st to 5th hunting slot but it's snowing HARD. Predicting 4-6". May muck around if it quits early but they sure won't be in a talkin' mood in 6" of snow and 26 degrees predicted.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I know your situation very well. Two weeks ago the temp was in the mid 70's........last Sunday it started snowing........snowed for 3 days......probably got 8 inches of snow with some two foot drifts. Still lots of snow on the ground in central Alberta.......but predicting it will all be gone early next week with higher temps..............ahhhhhhhh life on the prairies. You can watch your dog run away for 3 days and it can snow every month of the year. I'd like to know how I can speed up this climate change thing.

:mrgreen:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Sorry Guys not much snow in Ft. Lauderdale :wink: Not many Feathered Turkeys either unfeathered BUNCHES :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Northern

Post by Northern »

Don’t have much turkey experience, I’ve been once, my buddy twice. We happened to hit a big snow storm on my only trip. The birds were very vocal! ??? Me, I’d hope for snow!

Darrin
wabi

Post by wabi »

The biggest bird I've killed was on rare morning with snow coming down here in Ohio's season. Woke up, looked out & saw snow and tried to go back to sleep. Couldn't get to sleep, so I decided a morning in the blind would beat a morning tossing & turning in bed. Took my time getting ready and didn't get to the blind until well into the morning (8:30AM). Didn't see or hear a thing and decided to drink one last cup of coffee and head home. Poured the coffee and looked out as a hen ran past the blind. A couple more hens came by, then a BIG tom came into view strutting & fanning, but never made a sound. I never touched a call and he finally walked past. I pulled the trigger on him at just under 25 yards.
23 pounds, 1 1/4" spurs & an 11" beard and it was all luck that I got him!
You never know unless you try! :wink:
wabi
Cossack

Update

Post by Cossack »

12-16" and still falling. Wind 30-40 miles per hr. I'm not a wuss but having to wear knee boots just to get to the snowblower kind of rules out scouting. The fact that no travel is advised cinches it.
The ice isn't off most of our lakes, looks like a late walleye spawn, ergo poor opener. Ah Mother, how fickle you can be.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I may have to put a shirt on today,BBBBRRRRRRR
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
8up

Post by 8up »

High is 69 here today but was in the 80's yesterday.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."