Look What I did (its Awshucks fault) UPDATED

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8up

Look What I did (its Awshucks fault) UPDATED

Post by 8up »

NOW has quick dis connect. Pic at bottom. Also another option for shooting shile standing.

Ok after reading thru old post I found the rest made by Awshucks from a Crutch. So I went to the basement and grabbed a crutch. I cut it off and mine had adjustable padded handles which became the rest. I tried it and out to 40 yds I loved it. This got me wanting a Steddy Eddy like Digger's setup but that wasn't in the budget.

Then it happened. The wife knew something was wrong when my head turned red and smoke started coming out of my ears. I start rummaging thru the garage and grabbed the other crutch. Then a trip to the hardware store for a couple things. I started cutting and this is what I had.
Pieces from the cruthes, an air line swivel, 1/4-20 screw, washer, and nut. I bought a set screw and epoxy from the hardware store. The set screw was 7/16 outside and threaded 1/4 inside.

This is what I ended up with for tonight. But tomorrow I will add a quick disconnect. I will have about $10 in it when I'm done.
Last edited by 8up on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Very unique Idea :o
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
cdup

Post by cdup »

I like it! :D
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Digger

Post by Digger »

All that time and effort 8up, you could have bought a Ten Point Steddy Eddy at Bass Pro. Same idea and you could have donated the crutches to a poor cripple. :) :D :lol: :lol:

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
saxman

Post by saxman »

Sweet,yall are so cleaver. :D :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
8up

Post by 8up »

Digger I feel like that cripple right now. Just took a fall in the dark on my way into the house. 4"x6" instant bruise on my thigh and a shin that needs a new layer of skin lol.

I thought of bass pro but figured my $10 wouldn't even buy enough gas to get there. But tell ya what I will do. I think I have another set of crutches I can send you. You donate the crutches to the cripple and your steddy eddy to me :lol: :lol:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Homemade stuff is always the best stuff! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Why don't contractors just go ahead and install a workbench where the dining room table goes? :wink: :D
Grizz
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:) Good idea Grizz. I have thought about a Bi-Pod or Mono-Pod for my Xbow but usually from my ground blind I can steady my shot with my elbow on the knee while setting, and in my tree stand I have a rail with which to steady my shot with my elbow. I know I'll be in trouble shooting in certain directions, but that's where patience comes in. I didn't want the extra weight added to my bow. :roll:
8up

Post by 8up »

Whenever possible I will hunt from a stand with a shooting rail but this will get plenty of practice time to work on my trigger control . If I get up enough money for a steddy eddy I will donate this setup to a Friend at the local Disabled Sportsman of America.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Nice job 8up!! You'ld make a fine Arkie!
"Eze 18:21"