turkey permits

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the frenchman

turkey permits

Post by the frenchman »

hi to all
just by curiosity how much do you pay for a turkey permit?
and how many tags are you aloud with one permit?

for us in Quebec it is 30.00 dollars for one turkey per year

thank's Michel
what time is it? time to go hunting
liaf

Post by liaf »

In NYS I buy a sportsman's license for 69.00. It allows me to hunt big game ,small game and fish. The big game portion gives me a regular rifle tag for an anterled deer, one tag for bear(fall), it gives me one anterless deer tag for archery/muzzleloader, another either sex tag(deer) for archery/muzzleloader. Now for turkeys i get 2 tags for a spring bird Month of may. In the fall you get two either sex tag for turkeys- The sportsman license also gives me a chance at two anterless deer permits for specific WMU's. If you only possess either a big game license or small game license i believe a turkey" tag" is between 5-10 dollars. The sportsman license is the way to go in my state. I forgot to mention that in addition to all this any WMU(its usually the archery only areas) that have left over anterless permits allow you to pick up two more permits for free.
Last edited by liaf on Thu May 01, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

in ontario its 23.28 per tag to a maximum of 2, but you also need to have a valid small game licence.
Team Dryfire
Digger

Post by Digger »

xbowkidd wrote:in ontario its 23.28 per tag to a maximum of 2, but you also need to have a valid small game licence.
And you need to take a one day turkey course

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

And you need your Small Game Licence which is ?? $$ per year (I can't remember how much it costs).

I want to move to NY State. $69 for all that. That's a heck of a deal!

Dave

**Edit....missed xbowkids post about small game lic....sorry.
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
liaf

Post by liaf »

Yeah we got a pretty good deal for $69.00 but land access in my area is very restricted although in the other parts of the state its not as bad. Remember xbows are still illegal in NYS except for the handicapped and by this definition you must be paralzyed in order to get one. I think they use a blow tube device in order to shot an xbow. Presently we have bills in our senate and assembly which would permit xbow use for seniors and people with certain disabilities. I think we have a good shot at getting it passed this year since our new governor is legally blind and if it passes both houses I am sure he would sign it into law.
the frenchman

Post by the frenchman »

hi to all

us to in Quebec we have to take a special course on turkey and it is the same as you guys in Ontario and the course is $60.00

here we have to pay for every animal(deer,bear,moose,caribou) and we are aloud 1 per tag (deer,bear) 2 per tag (caribou) and for moose we need minimum 2 tag=2 hunter some place we need 3 hunter for one moose and lots of outfiter is 4 hunters for 1 moose
the tags are between $45.00 to$50.00
so where i go for moose we need 4 tags (4 times 48.00$)for one moose
then you got to share the moose in 4
what time is it? time to go hunting