Cleaned and put away

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Cleaned and put away

Post by raydaughety »

Yep, I cleaned up my Remington 11-87 and put her in the back of the safe. It's time to bring out the serious weaponry, my exomag. I've been shooting it a little lately and decided that once I got my first turkey behind me with the shotgun, I would switch over to archery equipment. Granted, that I could not have killed the turkey that I did with my crossbow because of brush that I had to shoot through, I'll just have to prepare some shooting lanes to send an arrow through :wink: . Now, that will be the cat's meow to get one with my bow but the problem is, I'm not sure where to shoot him at different angles, broadside, quartering, facing away, facing to :?: . So for those that are experienced in shooting them with a bow, please let me know where you prefer to aim? Or, if someone know of a site that show where you should aim would be great :wink: .

God Bless,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dutchhunter

bow shots

Post by dutchhunter »

hey partener go to web site THE ONTARIO HUNTING LODGE. then go to the fourm there are many topics go to turkey hunting u will see shot placement they have many pics that show exact shot placement.great web sihgt all around . I found that looking at harvested birds help me figger it outalon with these pics . try i feel for center mass not by sight but by feel then u can imagine how they are layed out when they are on there feet. they look very daceving when they are puffy good luck i hope tis helps :lol:
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Good Luck Ray in your Crossbow Adventure :wink: Just put the scope on him and let it fly you know where to aim :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

If you're really good you can take em in the head :lol: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

But be prepared for less success, Ray. I've killed birds over 45 yards with a shotgun. Two days ago, while using a crossbow, I passed on one at 27 yards. He was a bit spooked by the wind noise the blind made and didn't present an ethical shot.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Thanks for the warning. I really can't explain it but I really enjoy turkey hunting. You see so much in the spring that you normally wouldn't see in the winter. We had a fawn that couldn't have weighed 35lbs soaking wet run right by the blind Saturday morning. That thing would run, stop, turn another direction and take off again, like a little pup would do while playing. I'll probably be eating humble pie by the end of the week :lol: :lol: , but I'm going to give it a try. Our season has only 5 days left so what the heck :wink: . I really want to get a longbeard patterned for Tyler Saturday and get some video so this week will be a scouting expedition as well.

God Bless,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray