OT - Mrs.John McCain

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

OT - Mrs.John McCain

Post by Woody Williams »

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal on Cindy McCain, John"s wife. All I ever saw was this attractive woman standing beside John. I was surprised how talented and involved with world problems she is. This is a summary of the article. She graduated from Southern Cal and was a special-needs teacher.

After her Dad died she became involved with his beer distributing firm and is now the chairwoman. Sales have doubled since she has taken over from her father.

They have a marriage prenuptial agreement, her assets remain separate.

She is involved around the world clearing land mines - travels to these countries on a detonation team and serves on their board.

They have a 19 year old serving in Iraq, another son in the Naval Academy, a daughter recently graduated from Columbia Univ., an adopted daughter in high school, and a son who is the finance guy at the beer firm.

Raised kids in Phoenix, Az rather than Washington DC.(better atmosphere) He commuted.

In 1991, Mrs. McCain came across a girl in an orphanage in Bangladesh. Mother Teresa implored Mrs. McCain to take the baby with severe cleft palate. She did so without first telling her husband. The couple adopted the girl who has had a dozen operations to repair her cleft palate and other medical problems.

They have a Family Foundation for children's causes.

She's active with "Halo Trust" - to clear land mines, provide water and food in war ravaged and developing countries.

She will join an overseas mission of "Operation Smile", a charity for corrective surgery on children's faces.

She has had two back surgeries and became addicted to pain killers. She talks openly about it which she says is part of the recovery process.

I'm surprised the media is so quiet about her attributes. She sounds more capable than Hillary or Obama. We would really get two for the price of one. A person with business and international experience. John did work for the firm for awhile when he left the Navy. She, however, has the real business experience.

Very interesting.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
JRS

Re: OT - Mrs.John McCain

Post by JRS »

Woody Williams wrote:We would really get two for the price of one. A person with business and international experience.
Isn't that the same line that the Clintons were using not that long ago, until someone clued in that lumping Bill in with Hillary was doing more harm than good?
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

When you are a Multi Millionaire Not hard to do those things :roll: :roll: Next if McCain is President who is going to pay for this 100 year war :? :? As he said this week we will be there? [10 TrillionDolars is what are National Debt is NOW :cry: :cry: 268 Billion Dollars a Year in INTEREST ALONE :cry: :wink: Some One Has To Pay For It :roll: :roll:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

dick195252 wrote:When you are a Multi Millionaire Not hard to do those things :roll: :roll:
Actually anyone can volunteer.
Next if McCain is President who is going to pay for this 100 year war :? :? As he said this week we will be there? [10 TrillionDolars is what are National Debt is NOW :cry: :cry: 268 Billion Dollars a Year in INTEREST ALONE :cry: :wink: Some One Has To Pay For It :roll: :roll:
No, you are repeating Obama propaganda.

No where did McCain say we would be at war in Iraq for 100 years.

The Obamaites are misquoting him hoping that some of that crap will stick. It appears to have convinced you.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-che ... r_war.html

How long have we been in Germany, Japan, South Korea?
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Seems the wrong person is running for pres...as usual. John's not getting any younger and seems to be putting his foot in his mouth more and more. Fist it was Al Qaeda training Iraqi militants now pork barrel spending caused the bridge to fall in Minnesota. Seems he's having more than his share of senior moments. ( I can say that, at 67).
As for comparing the Mrs. to Hillary and Asama...you can't get to a compliment from that start.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

You did not Answer MY QUESTION WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE WAR and our NATIONAL DEBT???????????????????Your Just Like The Politicians NO ANSWER!!! I wonder what we could do with that 268 Billion every Year in Interest We Pay! That is WHAT he said. Quote why not 100 years in response to Bushs remark about being in Iraq for 50 Years. Maybe he should think before he opens Mouth. He is not much of a Comedian...How about his Bomb,Bomb,Bomb,-Bomb,Bomb Iran.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Gee dick195252, don't go ballistic on us here.

Just like in the past the taxpayers will pay for any war we get into.

Like I said I'd rather fight them there than here. How about you?
Woody Williams

dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Maybe i am going Ballistic because my Son spent a year in Iraq and was Wounded do you want me to tell you where Bush can put that Purple Heart :evil: :evil: . Maybe i am going Ballistic because you and i are not fighting them it is our Sons and Daughters Dieing over there. Maybe i am going Ballistic because it is a WAR Started on Lies and Deceit by our President and his Idiotic side kick Cheney. Maybe i am going Ballistic Because Bush Did NOT Win the Popular Vote in the first Election and i NO NOT Recognize him as our President :wink: Not A Real Democracy when the MAJORITY of Voters vote and the other Idiot Wins :roll: :roll: :roll: You must be one of the 19% that believes our Country is Heading in the right direction :( :( Just thought i would end with All 3 of these Idiots Running for President are Pitifull and makes me Sad that this is the best we can come up with to LEAD our Country :( :(
Fred

Post by Fred »

Now gents just calm down don't you remember Rumsfeld standing behind the podium and holding up one finger for the camera and saying on national TV that not one american tax dollar would be spent fighting the war in Iraq the war would be self supporting of course he also said they had WMD's and he should know he gave them to Saddam to use on the curds
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

C'mon, now, boys. Y'all play nice! :wink:

Whatever our political and ideological differences, we're all friends here, and the posts in general reflect tend to reflect our mutual good nature even when we disagree! :)

It's OK to have strong opinions, and sometimes we'll run a little hot, but we sure don't want to let any discussion devolve into unfriendliness ... and this one's getting mighty close to it! :shock:

Let's have a handshake all 'round. It might be better just to leave this one alone! :lol:
Grizz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Dick, I agree with you. And Griz, making nice with each other is great but when are we going to get incensed about how this country is being governed?
The politicians are keeping us in the dark while they run the country for personal gain. This read exemplifies my point;

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... nn-partner
Country

Post by Country »

I don't like the money we spend on interest for the national debt either. The question is why we spend the money at all. Who is the Federal Reserve? Arn't they a private group of bankers? There is something fishy about that whole operation. They arn't elected and they work independently and sometimes contrary to the national interest. The Federal Reserve board submits a list of names for the President to chose from to be the chairman. Their actions have caused much misery to our economy. It was started by the likes of Rockefeller and JP Morgan who understood that to control the money was to control power. It's is way past time to get rid of them
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Well, Cossack, if I wrote everything I feel about US government and situation, there would be more fireworks on the forum than you might imagine. I am well beyond being incensed.

I guess my line of thinking on that would be that since our hosts are Canadian and the majority of posters are Canucks, perhaps the Excal forum isn't the best place to air US political opinion ... but of course since nobody asked me I've never said so! :D

Believe me ... my interest is never "peace at any price" ... but I know how quickly political discussion can degenerate into something both atypical and unworthy of inclusion in this forum.

I was just encouraging our usual civility, that's all. :)

I get to do a lot of peacemaking in life. Guess I can't help it. :wink:
Grizz
Country

Post by Country »

I agree with you Grizz. Lets keep this forum going in the interest of hunting and the bridge of friendship that has developed between us Americans and our Canadian friends up north. If there is decent at all, let it be about what type of broadhead to use.
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

People used to come to this country for freedom and they planned to stay when they did. Now they come here for profit so they can send it back to their families and retire comfortably in their homeland one day. They care nothing for this country and it's citezens as long as they are safe and the checks keep coming. They bring different sets of morals and beliefs that don't match the true meaning of America, and they (offspring included) outnumber us. In most cases guns in their country are used to kill people and that is all they see so they naturaly vote against them. They don't understand what guns mean to us as a means to hunt and defend ourselves.

It is our fault because somewhere along the way we became convinced that these people were here to take our jobs, sell drugs, and murder our citezens. We became prejiduced and hatefull towards them and thus forgot what a true american was, and ceased to be one. A true American would have welcomed them into our wonderfull country with open arms. A true American would have helped them to learn the language and survive as well as taught them what it truly means to be an American and more importantly, what it means to be Free.

As we forgot what we were supposed to be doing as Americans we slowly took on a new definition of what an American is and should do. It grew to mean that we should sit on the side and not cause trouble because freedom means letting people do what they please as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. It sounds like a great idea, and in most cases it is, except for the fact that it silenced America's voice. Instead of going out and debating the touchy issues and informing the people who didn't understand what was going on, we were good citizens. We stayed in our homes and discussed these things with only our families and friends. We didn't voice our opinions because it wasn't right to push our beliefs on others. Instead we let our government do the talking because they are here to protect us and serve, and thus we lost our way. The government cares nothing about us and has proven it time and time again no matter what party has the majority. They are here to serve the rich individuals amongst us, the corporations, and themselves. They care little about what a true american is and much of what shaped us into true americans in the first place, which is God.

Our tendency to keep quiet no matter what is a horrible behavior that is and will lead to our downfall. You can see it in this thread.

I love all the members of this forum. I look at you as brothers and sisters who share a lot of the same goals, values, and passions. If I wanted to talk about something very important to me, I would like to think I could do it here of all places. I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with me nor would I expect everyone to be nice and happy. I have been downright rude to someone on this forum before and I have always regreted it but I understand that it happens and I wouldn't be shocked or crushed if someone did it back to me. Thats life, live it or leave it. It saddens me to see people deciding to be quiet for fear of ruffling some feathers. I think if this forum were as great as it is made out to be, we could discuss things like this knowing that we may sway some people and offend others but in the end we would still be friends. If you have something against the topic that you just can't stand then don't read it, otherwise put in your two cents and see what happens, and if you see someone that is out of line then tell them to shape up or ship out.

My two cents are that all three candidates are horrible and will all work to disarm us, take away the rest of our rights, and possibly even exterminate 2/3 of us to bring in the new world order. It is a worse case senario but it is also very possible, seeing how Americans can't get together to agree on anything anymore, and the majority seem to value their perception of safety over their freedom :cry: . It also concerns Canadians as well because they are most likely on the same path and what ever happens in the U.S. will eventualy affect them as well. On the other side, I as an American would love to hear about the issues that concern Canadians be it political, social, economical, etc. because I know we could learn more than a lesson or two from their lives just as they can from us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA03w9l7uBw&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCKMTo210k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnLLcsqa ... re=related
Last edited by LV2HNT on Wed May 07, 2008 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.