O/T Fastest Gun Ever!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Seen him on some program off the sat . He and Byran Ferguson try to out trick shot each other . The were both quite amazing.

This fella with the pistol even shot an egg at over 100 yards with a pistol and open sights :shock:
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Yup his speed is truly amazing. It appears that he fires the gun just as the barrel clears the holster. I see he has a deflection plate on the hostler to insure he doesn't shoot himself in the knee. I'm betting he can't draw, shoot accurately that fast.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

DaGriz wrote: I'm betting he can't draw, shoot accurately that fast.
Well, the idea of "accuracy" is always relative to the context, and the context of modern fast-draw competition is the ongoing fascination with the "quick-draw" techniques of gunslingers in the days of the Old West.

In the days of Western gunfights, accuracy meant "minute-of-man" at very close ranges. Munden's demonstration of balloon shooting shows that his "accuracy" in quick-draw shooting exceeds that of many so-called gunslingers of the Old West, who often cleanly missed their intended targets and were known for wild shooting. Many of the famous gunmen of western lore would have been in very big trouble indeed in a gunfight with Munden.

In a gunfight, a slug anywhere in the vitals is "accurate" ... so I'd say that for the purposes of quick draw shooting, Munden is accurate indeed.

Can you imagine some young cowpoke in the Old West saying, "Hey, Fat Man ... why don't you sling that gut to the side and draw, Mister?" :shock: :D

By the way, I love Tombstone ... one of my favorite Westerns! :D

Strangely, history reveals that Doc Holliday was a twitchy, wild shot who often sprayed rounds without much telling effect!
Grizz
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

The belief is that the old west gunfighter stood no more than 10yds apart and most of them still couldn't hit the man they were facing. I used to watch the western movies years ago and always wondered why nobody was getting hit. :D Finally dawned on my that most men couldn't shoot worth a crap and most all pistolas were nowhere's near as accuate as today's revolvers.

Those scenes where men were off horse back by someone with a poistola at 50yds were pure Hollywood generated.

No doubt that Munden is extremely fats and after watching the b=vidoe again I see the ballon part. Man is increditable!

I can just imagine him in the Old West and some snotnosed kid like Billy the Kid called him out. WhooHoo, wouldn't that be a rude awakening! :lol:
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Had a book at one time called "Fast and Fancy" by Ed McGivern, a little guy that was a trick shooter from Montana I believe in the early 30's. He shot double action revolvers, unaltered except for his own sights and electric switches to run the timers. He put 6 shots in a playing card at 15 yds in 45/100's of a second. Among many other things. Great reading if you can find a copy, mine walked off.
"Eze 18:21"
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

DaGriz wrote:The belief is that the old west gunfighter stood no more than 10yds apart and most of them still couldn't hit the man they were facing..............
Very true...

That is why I really liked the saloon shootout scene in "The Unforgiven". Eastwood just methodically shot every bad guy as they were shooting every which way but the right way.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Very Fast :shock: :shock: :shock:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
gad

Post by gad »

:shock:
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

If you want to see real speed watch some of the videos of people like Jethro Dionisio (Philllipines) or Jerry Barnhart (Mich) shoot the World Speedshooting Championships (AKA the Steel Challenge)
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

Attributed to Bat Masterson -

Courage to step out and fight to the death with a pistol is but one of three qualities a man must possess in order to last very long in this hazardous business. A man may possess the greatest amount of courage possible and still be a pathetic failure as a "gunfighter," as men are often called in the West who have gained reputations as "man-killers'" Courage is of little use to a man who essays to arbitrate a difference with the pistol if he is inexperienced in the use of the weapon he is going to use. Then again he may possess both courage and experience and still fail if he lacks deliberation.