My setup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8up

My setup

Post by 8up »

It a Excalibur Vortex 200 lb. Its equiped with a Lumizone scope and a selfmade detachable shooting stick. I put the double string suppressor on it (STS) I have a rangefinder mount with a bushnell rangefinder velcro'd in place. Shortly I will have a Boo Custom string with cat whiskers as well. I'm in love with it and can't wait till September so I can add some steel and carbon to a deer's diet.

Ron
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Looking good! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Looking sweet!

We have a similar setup.

Exomax
Lumizone
Rangefinder mount
Bushnell Rangefinder
Bipod

Now you just need to wire up a remote rangefinder activator button

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=20985
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
8up

Post by 8up »

Thanks guys. I actually went out with it today. I found my hat hits the rangefinder when I tried looking thru the scope I just flipped the hat around and sat till dark. I will have to re evaluate it tomorrow. Pretty neat remote switch. I want a way to reflect the rangefinders reading into my scope.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Looks great! "selfmade detachable shooting stick" that caught my attention. I am thinking about a Steddy Eddy........yours looks great. What did you use to make it/mount it?
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
saxman

Post by saxman »

Very nice :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Thats a beauty :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
8up

Post by 8up »

ehntr wrote:Looks great! "selfmade detachable shooting stick" that caught my attention. I am thinking about a Steddy Eddy........yours looks great. What did you use to make it/mount it?
I used an air line swivel to make it so it would fold under. I drilled the sling swivel out so a 1/4-20 screw would go thru it. I bought a set screw and epoxy from the hardware store. The set screw was 7/16 outside and threaded 1/4 inside. The air line swivel has one male threaded end that can be removed with a snap ring. After removing it I used a 7/16 tap to thread it. I epoxyed the set screw into the swivel and then the 1/4"-20 screw into the set screw.

The shooting stick was a black "Hunter's Specialties" I pulled the Y off of it and the insert in that end and epoxied in a male 1/4" air tool nipple. It simply screws in and out of the swivel for detaching. I took "No-Mar tape made by Hunter's Specialties" and covered it. Altogether Probably cost me $25

all thats left is to srill and tap the air line swivel for my sling stud.