moose hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raven12

moose hunting

Post by raven12 »

did any1 go moose hunting in WMU19 archery season and i'm wondering if any1 is intrested
Excalibur Exocet 200, Lumizone scope, G5 Montec 100grn
butch

Post by butch »

Hey. I hunted WMU 19 last year for moose. I went during the rifle season. I also hunted 23 as well. No luck in either spot. Is WMU 19 the area that is close to Timmins? I cant remember. Spent 3 days up in Hurst and 3 days in Timmins. Let me know if it is Timmins or Hurst and I will let you know the details if you are interested. This year planning on going up to Redlake ON for moose. Regards. Butch
Exocet w/ FFF string/ Aimpoint
18" Gold Tip Laser II's
and 125 grain Montec G5's
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Area 19 in close to Geraldton. My group has hunted archery there for the past 6 years. Lots of moose but a lot of hunters. Especially gun hunters. Once they start flying up the roads you will have to get way off the beaten path. Archery there is still good success but no where near as gun. You will see moose if you get off the roads but we have found they like the dirty stuff up there and makes it hard for shooting. We got a cow last year at 4 yards. If you are planning on going and want accomidations get acting fast as the lodges book up real fast.
raven12

Post by raven12 »

i hunted gun season over there near longlac for the past 5 years i was trying to go for archery season,and 19 is not near Timmins is about 150km west of Hearst. Thanx for the reply
Excalibur Exocet 200, Lumizone scope, G5 Montec 100grn
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Anyone know much about 18B and the archery/muzzleloader season?? How much road assess is there into this area??

My group is also considering area 19, but we are undecided yet.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
Rick Teal

Post by Rick Teal »

schnarfuss:

I looked at a top map for 18B, and the whole area seems to be swamp except for a narrow strip along the southern edge of it. I was thinking about trying the ML hunt myself.
I hunt, therefore I am.