Every parent's nightmare

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Every parent's nightmare

Post by raydaughety »

First of all, Tyler is O.K., badly shaken but O.K.. I got a phone call from a friend telling me that he had heard over the police scanner that there was a gunman at Tyler's elementary school. I got there to find Tyler safe but obviously shaken. To make matters even worse, our good friend, business associate and insurance agent for many years was killed in a wreck where a deputy sheriff (while en route to the school incident) ran a red light and stuck his vehicle on the driver's side. He was flown to a trauma center in Greenville, NC where he died. As for Tyler, it was a long night but he'll be fine. The incident at the school was apparently a hoax. Please pray for us in the coming week as we say goodbye to a dear friend.

Here's a link to both stories:
http://www.newbernsj.com

God Bless,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Prayers are with you and your Family Ray. It can be very unnerving.

A similar thing happened with my twin daughters last year. It wasnt a hoax but the boy carrying the gun left the school and went to a friends house where he was apprehended. The school was locked down and my daughters and I texted each other and they were telling them nothing. When all clear was announced families were let on school property. Nobody in or out up till that point except LEO's.

It all turned out OK.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Glad to hear Tyler is OK, but sorry to hear about your friend.
wabi
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Thanks guys. I really appreciate you concern for Tyler, this whole thing has left him asking a lot of questions and a real concern for going back to school. But what do you do? The incident at the school has turned out to be a hoax that was started by a group of kids that wanted to get out of school early :shock: . I never knew that 10 year olds could be that devious. I doubt that they have any idea of the true cost of their little prank :cry:

God Bless,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
diesel

Post by diesel »

My thought and prayers are with you. So glad Tyler is ok but so sorry to hear about your friend.
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Sorry about your friend, glad Tyler is OK. He will have lots of questions for awhile. Funny how something the 10 year olds thought was so innocent can be so very life changing. Hope reality can setin for some of them.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

sorry about your friend ray. glad tyler is ok .

h.j.
they say he is still up there.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

What a sad story, Ray. :cry:

What a shame that had to be. I am sorry for your loss and for the family of your friend, and for the deputy.

The children who created that hoax are guilty of a great wrong, and I hope they will be made to realize it, for their own sake and for the sake of society.
Grizz
saxman

Post by saxman »

Glad all is well.I've been so busy I don't get on as much as I used to.
Sorry about your friend and I sure am glad Tyler is alright.
His turkey picture is STILL my desktop.
Hang in Buddy.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Sorry to hear about your Loss Ray :( I hope Tyler will be OK And Our Prayers are with you and Your Family :!:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]