New Truck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

New Truck

Post by raydaughety »

Well I took delivery of my new truck yesterday. Man, that was a difficult check to write. After haggling back and forth for a month. I purchased this truck, fully loaded, the sticker was $37,890 and after $4,500 in GM rebates and a little wheelin and dealin, I wrote the check for $28,003.00. The only problem is I can't afford to put gas in it and cruise around. I'll just sit in the driveway and listen to the stereo, smell the leather and play with the On-Star :lol: :lol: :lol: . I've ordered the steps, bed rails and toolbox, they get installed on Tuesday.

God Bless,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Nice truck! I have been really lucky to work with a company that supplies me with a truck, otherwise I'd probably be back driving motorcycles :lol: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Nice ride, Ray! 8)

I think I'm going to get a different truck too ... something like a regular cab, two-wheel drive Tacoma! When you live 50 miles away from the nearest good-sized towns like we do, gas prices eat your wages up!

I've actually been driving my wife's Corolla around some! Now THAT'S a sight to see! :shock: It looks like it's giving birth when I get out. :wink:
Grizz
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

ray,, nice truck. take good care of it & it will last for many years. i have a 98 f150 with 147,000 still looks good & runs great also have a 96 crown top vic with 50,000 looks like new ,the wifes car they will last for many years . 8)

congradulations on the new truck she is a beauty.

have a nice day hatchet jack
they say he is still up there.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Stylin Ray :D :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

[quote="hatchet jack"] i have a 98 f150 with 147,000 still looks good & runs great )

I got 327,000 out of an '89 F150 ... and only replaced the radiator, starter gas tank and alternator!

Sold it to a fellow who promptly destroyed it. He thought it was a tractor. :roll: :cry:
Grizz
dutchhunter

miles

Post by dutchhunter »

I have a 1998 dodge ram 1500 quad cab just rolled over to 350000 km still runs great no problem with the etest . The sicret is to take good care of them justlike a good woman . I have the best of both worlds .happy hunter. good luck with the new truck. here we have to get them oiled undernith or they rust
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Congrats on your new wheels Ray. We all know what you mean about the gas.......'cept I'm using Diesel in my Ram 2500. $1.30 per litre for diesel here..........that equates to about $5.00 a gal!

I live in oil country......everbody complains here yet everbody owns a truck or two lol. We just took delivery of another gas pig too.............2008 JK Wrangler Unlimited. IT'S NOT A HUMMER IT'S BETTER.

Going on a 7,500 km (4,660 mi) road trip pretty soon. At an avg of 19 mpg that'll cost me.........yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I've been driving my old F-150 for quite a while. It has 180k on it and I was able to sell it for 4k. To me, comfort is EVERYTHING and the old ford was showing it's age. The new truck is like floating in the clouds. I still have my 98 Dodge 1500 4x4 that I hunt out of. It has less that 100k on it and I paid $3,500 for it 5 years ago. That's my hunting truck :wink: Hey, that new truck even has one of them cd players that holds 6 at the time in it. I had to go out this morning and just could resist taking some Led Zeppelin and Skynard and did some reminiscing of the old high school days. How bout it Grizz, you remember the days :wink:.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote: I had to go out this morning and just could resist taking some Led Zeppelin and Skynard and did some reminiscing of the old high school days. How bout it Grizz, you remember the days :wink:.
Well, now they call me The Breeze ... I keep blowin' down the road ... :wink: 8)
Grizz
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Great, Bob! Now that'll be stuck in my head! :D :D

A "blast from the past"! :wink:
Grizz
canadiancaller

Post by canadiancaller »

Nice truck Ray
I got a 94 Dodge ram...passenger door bungeed...rockers gone...buddy caved the driver side fender in on opening day of deer season...wipers quit alot...stereo works sporadically....smells like bear bait...and I wouldn't trade it for the world!!! A man just needs a truck!!

Cheers,
Davey
"whack em' and stack em'"
fletch

Post by fletch »

Hi Ray, I think I have seen that pic somewhere else recently. :lol:
Again nice truck.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sweeet ... beauty rig !! ... Congrat's !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Fletch, that just blew me away. I think that I had only posted 8 times on that forum when you figured out who I was. Like I said, it's a small world. Thanks for the comments guys. It's been a long time coming :wink: .

God Bless,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray