Scope Fogging up!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Z24pride

Scope Fogging up!

Post by Z24pride »

Hey,
Wondering what you use on your scope to stop it from fogging up in the rain, moist conditions? Seems i had the problem since new...Actually debating on getting a different scope to match my Phoenix... So i dont have to worry about the problem..only a matter of time and it will cost me an animal... i.e. my last day of turkey hunting if one did come out i would not be able to shoot...Let me know.
Thanks,
Kristen
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

I had the same problem so I put on a red dot.To be fair I was standing in the rain for hours before the scope fogged and it was a cheap scope that was put on the bow aftermarket before I purchased it.The red dot has not fogged up on me yet.
The best things in life are not things!!
Z24pride

Post by Z24pride »

Just to add this is a Varizone I had...Actually i still have the red dot that came with the bow I could resort back to......
Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

Is this scope fogging up on the inside or outside? I've never had one that would fog on the inside, but I've had friends that have had them. If they were mine they would be gone. Now in wet weather I've had them get condensation on the outside of the lens. I usually found that I was holding them too close to me and the difference between my body temperature and the outside air would fog them.
chessy

Post by chessy »

try rubbing ivory soap on it then wipe it off my buddie uses that for his glasses
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Wayne B wrote:Is this scope fogging up on the inside or outside? I've never had one that would fog on the inside, but I've had friends that have had them. If they were mine they would be gone. Now in wet weather I've had them get condensation on the outside of the lens. I usually found that I was holding them too close to me and the difference between my body temperature and the outside air would fog them.

x2 what he said......
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Z24pride

Post by Z24pride »

Ok, perfect, it is on the outside, that's why I figured I could get soemthing to put on it...
I will try the Ivory soap when season rolls around again.....
Thanks!
sevenmmstalker

Post by sevenmmstalker »

Zeiss lens cloths are a premoistened towel that eliminates fogging on scopes , binos, and for me and more importantly, glasses. They are great and last for days as long as they do not get wet. I think Bushnell sells the same thing. I buy them on EBAY by the box, and always have a couple in my pack along with my thermacell.
Hunters do it in the woods.
Exomax
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I use Nikon Fog Eliminator, works great for me. I use it on all of my glass. Here's a link: http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-fog-e ... -8073.html

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

So.. this fog eliminator stuff.. does it really work? what kind do you use?I've tried different brands on safety glasses at work and found that it didn't last too long, but it may have been a cheap variety. Also, will scope covers prevent outside condensation under damp wet conditions?