new quiver mount?

Post by dw »

anybody ever seen this one before?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Excalibur-Crossbow- ... dZViewItem
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
Digger

Post by Digger »

Best go to Archery Talk forum Wyvern hangs out there, and he'll tell you about it.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I've got one ordered for my ProElite.

see -

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=692543
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
saxman

Post by saxman »

Thats a neat looking mount
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Boo

Post by Boo »

It leaves less than an inch access between the bracket and the string. Other than that it is a very nicely made bracket in fit and finish but it does negate the ability to grab the string by hand.
I like the Danny Miller bracket(it's the cheapest) that Bill used for his Elephant hunt(I wonder why he used it?). Another bracket that is pretty cool is the Ground Pounder mount. The only thing that I don't like about it is that you have slightly less visual access to the arrow when it is loaded in the bow.
All three have their pluses but the only thing about Danny's is that it doesn't look as slick and polished like the others.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

im another that has the miller mount..i like the way it seems as if it will break up your facial profile when holding it up to aim ..
but i like the way that ground pounder looks..
think i,ll add one to the list of things i think i need :D
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I bought one for my Exomax a few weeks ago. The main advantage of this mount is that it does not block the view of anything sitting on top of the scope like a rangefinder. I don't have anything on top of my scope, but prefer this mount anyway. This mount provides the smallest overall top-to-bottom profile for my crossbow. I eventually settled on mounting the arrows to the right side so there is no possible way to touch them when shooting right handed.

DuckHunt

Here is a top down and side view of my Exomax with this mount.

saxman

Post by saxman »

Does it make you cant the bow by it not being on the center line?
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
TPM

Post by TPM »

it does negate the ability to grab the string by hand.
Nice looking mount but that fact alone would keep me from putting one on my bow. I normally use a rope cocker but I have been out in the field and realized I forgot it and had to cock by hand. I still think the Groundpounder mount is the best by far.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
frisky

Post by frisky »

I have a home version (2007) of that. I can not cock the Phoenix by hand so for me I use the cocking aid.
Sax I take the quiver off so canting is no problem.

Picture of bow and quiver 2007
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Wyvern Crossbow

Post by Wyvern Crossbow »

Hi:
I am actually going to make the next run of adapters 1/8" taller just to kinda fill out the spacing abit more. It will also make for abit more clearance but all in all, the mount has been recieved well. It does hinder hand cocking, but with a rope it works great...Hope that helps....PM me if you have any direct questions I can answer...
Wyvern
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

TPM wrote:I normally use a rope cocker but I have been out in the field and realized I forgot it and had to cock by hand.
I've been in a situation with deer under my stand where one would think that would provide enough adrenaline and incentive to yank back my Exomax. Even if I wanted to, it still wasn't happening. Since I will always being using the rope aid the limited clearance is a positive in my eyes. There is no need to make it any taller than necessary. If you cock by hand then it could be an issue.

My only complaint with the mount, albeit very minor, is the extremely shiny retaining nuts. Something in a dull color would make it perfect to me. A little flat paint will dress this one up before October.

DuckHunt
Wyvern Crossbow

Actually I went with those because all of the hardware is stainless. I hate a nice machined piece and rusty nuts. They will take paint very well and the no rust factor was IMO a nessesity...:) I am making it slightly taller in the next run just to give a tad more clearance to the string, but it is only 1/8"...
Wyvern
paulslund

Post by paulslund »

Wyvern Crossbow wrote:Hi:
I am actually going to make the next run of adapters 1/8" taller just to kinda fill out the spacing abit more. It will also make for abit more clearance but all in all, the mount has been recieved well. It does hinder hand cocking, but with a rope it works great...Hope that helps....PM me if you have any direct questions I can answer...
Wyvern
I haven't seen it person, but is there not enough room to hand-cock it if you take the quiver off? The (very) few times I've hand-cocked, I tend to just use two fingers...I'd have to see it in person, I suppose. But I really like it.

Paul
Wyvern Crossbow

With the quiver off, there is enough room to get two or three fingers around the string on the side with the bracket (it depends on how far you slide the bracket over when you mount it. Since coking it with the rope is more accurate generaly, we worked on the practicality of it being used with the rope more than hand cocking, but it is not impossible to cock by hand with the bracket installed.

Wyvern