Hunting Bunnies

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crunch

Hunting Bunnies

Post by Crunch »

Does anyone use their Xbow for bunnies? I would think that it would be really hard on bolts. I wonder if the typical small game point with the springswould hold up or even fly well.
Thoughts?

crunch
Tommy-SKIL-Figure

Post by Tommy-SKIL-Figure »

the thought of shooting bunnies with the x-bow brings back memories from my first x-bow kill...

i sighted it in and tested my skills on some pigeons... i shot a pigeon which was sitting on top of a fence post at about 20 meters, the bolt went through and carried on as though it encountered nothing at all.

next i shot at some sitting on the ground, the bolt went through the animal and then buried and destroyed itself right into the dirt... this was when i first realised the power of the exocett 200 and that shooting pigeons with field points was not a good idea 0_o

this probably doesnt answer your question other than its probably not a good idea to use field points on the bunnies lol
Ambition is the excuse for those who do not have the guts to be lazy
Fox

Post by Fox »

Get some carbon bolt with really colourful fletching. Use blunt tips or judo small game points and go wild, I used to go out with the crissbow all the time.

If you want to take birds there are heads made for them, but you will need an arrow that is longer to clear the stirrup.
Gaffle

Post by Gaffle »

I'd just use what I've always done, those big rubber Bludgeon blunts. I've used judos for bunnies and squirrels but they have a tendency to punch right through and make a big mess.
"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda