Balanced bow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crunch

Balanced bow?

Post by Crunch »

I'm about 5'10", and for me I'd have to say that the Vortex seems to fit me best, although all crossbows, by their nature seem to be front heavy. The Phoniex is pretty good too.
Has anyone ever played with adding a bit of weight to the but of the stock to help couteract the front heaviness of their bow?

crunch
hawg hunter

stock weight

Post by hawg hunter »

I bought a wood stock from mark to balance the weight and increase the length of pull. The stocks seem to be hollow so you could try by adding shot through a hole and plugging the hole after you get the balance you want spray some foam to close the hole.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

My Vortex is just about right for me. Guess you could experiment with a butt pad, since the stock isn't hollow. The thought came to me that you could try taping some piece of flat duck decoy anchors to each side of the stock, using two faced carpet tape, to see how much weight you'd need to add and how you like that feel. But any weight you add will also make it heavier overall. One reason for considering the Vortex is it's relatively light weight to power ratio.