Deer decoy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Post by R.J. »

My experience with decoys has been ..... you want to set up with the decoy up wind of your position , so if the deer are not sure of it they will circle downwind to have a sniff and look ..... this puts them closer to you ( between the decoy and your stand ) .

If you are hunting with a decoy in close quarters like an apple tree in the thick cover .... a well placed decoy can keep the deers attention focused away from you and give you an opportunity to make a move ...

Here is a link to a previous thread on decoy use ...

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ight=decoy
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
TPM

Post by TPM »

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Bought a doe decoy last year. Had some deer totally ignore it, some others come within 80 yards to have a peek. At the very least it slowed them down, so I could get a good look at them.

A picture I took last winter while on stand. I believe this is a Flambeau Redidoe? Not sure, I would have to pull it out of the crawl space.

I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

The deer decoy that I use is only ten bucks or you can make one yourself for free. You may laugh at this, but I have brought in bucks with mine.

http://www.twitch-it.com/
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Ken,

BuckWing just sent me one of the Bobblin Head deer decoys. Can't wait to try this thing, I could see it working well at your hunting areas for sure...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
fuel80guy

decoys

Post by fuel80guy »

Hey ken
I used decoys a few times last season and had mixed results.
I had a doe feed beside my decoy for about 15 minutes and about 1 hour before that i had a decent buck approach the decoy only to bust away in a hurry.My setup was in an open field between 2 bushlots about 15 yards out of bush edge.
I also used a decoy during the rut in the bush but the bucks couldnt see it.
Im a believer and yeah i will be usiing them again this season.
I hope your enjoyiing your holidays,,,from the fellow ford worker.
Rob
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i had mixed results as well had a doe walk up to about 10 yrds from it and the bucks that come in didn't pay attention to it at all
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I know nothing about decoys. But have to say ecoaster that one you have sure looks Real :o
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]