Atv crossbow gun rack

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pink Panther

Atv crossbow gun rack

Post by Pink Panther »

Any one use a good system to put there crossbow on atv racks . I have wrap around racks on my polaris front and back and want to put the bow on the front rack so i can keep my eye on it. thanks .
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

PP, I have a crossbow rack I use on my Yamaha Grizzle, which I got from someone on another forum several years ago. I have pictures of the rack, and with it mounted on my Grizzle. I'm not sure I can come up with the instructions though. I can post some of the pictures if this might help you.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Pink Panther

Atv crossbow gun rack

Post by Pink Panther »

Some pictures would be great Moxie. thanks PP.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

PP, I hope this helps!

Terry

Quad 300 x2
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Terry

Quad 300 x2
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Terry

Quad 300 x2
matt_mcco

Post by matt_mcco »

Pink Panther

Atv crossbow gun rack

Post by Pink Panther »

these pictures are great . thanks moxie.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Another pic from a looking down angle would help..............jk. Add some foam pipe wrap around those cutouts and your in business for a bumpy ride.

How about three or four of those grips made for ATV's? I've got two of them mounted for by comp bow. One for each limb and one or two on the stock might work?
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
huntman

Post by huntman »

ehntr wrote:Another pic from a looking down angle would help..............jk. Add some foam pipe wrap around those cutouts and your in business for a bumpy ride.

How about three or four of those grips made for ATV's? I've got two of them mounted for by comp bow. One for each limb and one or two on the stock might work?

That is what i use for my gun or my excalibur works flawless!
JRS

Post by JRS »

matt_mcco wrote:i use koplin gun grips works great http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/attach ... 1178680954
I use the same ones. I like their ratcheting action to secure items rathers that rubber straps.
Staghunter

Post by Staghunter »

I have made one that holds 2 crossbows on the back of my Polaris rock solid!!! I have tried to market it with Kolpin and they were actually interested for a while but that is still pending. I have actually even tried geting the marketing dude here to look at it since it was specifically designed for excalibur crossbows but will work with any.
Now here is my question....how many of you guys would actually pay for something like this???? It goes on and of in seconds,holds two crossbows or guns or ice auger or fishing rods or whatever. It keeps the crossbows totally out of the way and keeps your racks free!! Sound good!!!??? Let me know. I won't post the pics as you all may understand but any help here would be GREATLY appreciated. TY SH.

P.S. I have used this rack for 3 years now in very thick bush with absolutely no harm to my bows or whatever I put on it. The kolpin and other grips are great..I have them...but do not hold a crossbow very securly and tend to break in freezing temps which has happened 2 me while ice fishing resulting in some minor damage to my quad. I would not trust them holding my X-bow. Even though the boys at Kolpin are great guys and compensated for my damage. Second pair I recieved did the same thing!!
Camper

Post by Camper »

I use the same as ehntr and Huntman

They do work flawlessly!
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

This is the best I can do for pictures from above. there is padding in each of the notches in the form of a 2 inch plastic tub I cut open and stapled in place.

Terry

Quad 300 x2
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

Looks great Moxie , except for one thing . An excalibur has wider limb length . Interfer's with steering. I use the Kolpins but have to mount them catiwumpus , lol . (angled)
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.