Any experiences with chair blinds?????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bobber54

Chair blinds

Post by Bobber54 »

I have been using ground blinds for ten years with very good success. I have learned from trial and error what works and what doesn't. I looked at the chair blind. I was skeptical about the concept. When you have a chair attached to a blind, when you make any move, the whole blind will move. Game pick up on any movement and if it doesn't look like something that belongs there, they just turn around and take a different path to where they want to go. I confirmed my suspicion by having my wife sit in the chair blind and make movements. Shooting straight ahead of me is unnatural form for me. I'm right-handed and shoot to my left side. Some years ago, I purchased a dog house blind with a floor, for winter hunting. The floor transmits the movement to the walls and will spook game. I hunt alone and use the Double Bull T2 blind. It's a hub type blind, so their is no loose parts to lose. Buy a blind that is big enough that you don't have anything touching the walls. Use a folding camp chair or whatever is comfortable for your size. Wear solid, nonreflective black clothes and keep movement to a minimum, even in a blind. I sew the rear windows of my blinds shut, so I'm not silhoueted.
I hope this helps.
Bob
Al

Post by Al »

I have the same Ameristep 2 person tent and am happy with it. I had 12 turkey walk alonside the tent while deer hunting last fall. I also had a young buck walk 10 feet in front of the tent while staring into the front opening, he then walked 30 ft away and bedded down. It's not much of a "2 person" tent but is fairly roomy for 1 person with gear and it does keep you dry on those rainy days. Some drawbacks are: I need to place the limbs of my excal outside the front window to avoid hitting the sides of the tent when shooting. The magnets particularily on the side windows which hold up the netting and fabric can be noisy as they often jump to the canopy frame. I consider it a good product, it does provide good cover and is easy to transport in and out of the field.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

when Wabi wrote this subject Any experiences with chair blinds????? It clearly was about chair blinds that have one or two chairs built into the blind. somehow we we went from a question about chair blinds to two man ladder stands to outhouse blinds. go figure. Here is the link to what the Wabi was questioning about.
item # QX-229208
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
left me cornfused??? :roll: :roll:

jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.