STS Excalibur shock soppressore Set ?!?!?!?!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Skarek

Post by Skarek »

I think I've seen that system before :P

Saxman: I hope those pictures of your V-bar is when it is new. Otehrwise I cant understand how you kept the red strips on the absorber. Mine flew of the 3rd shot...
ManX

Post by ManX »

I think I've seen that system before :P

You are right, I do not want to use Nap Thunderblox limbsavers to copy. I am just doing sperimentation to obtain a product enought good and I think my and yours experience could be usefull to everybody. I do not want to sell nothing and if my resoult wil be good I think I will give a pair to Matthias for free to test them if he wants :wink:
Last edited by ManX on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/ManX850/exorealtree-1.jpg[/img] ExomanX, Meopta 3100,[url=http://www.wolfszeit.com/images/WO.Mo.09-li..JPG]Wolfszeit[/url] scope mount, produce in ManX Factory spa: shock absorbers, 48 fff , 2216xx78 27% foc
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

No hard feelings. I must say I have thought the same thoughts. Got Mattias V-bar. Looked at it and thought: "Ahh that is how it's built. I wonder how it can be optimised". That's just how I am, I like to optimise things :). But I guess Mattias done some optimising himself.

The good thing is that when you build for yourself is you don't have to pay for the working hours, so you can use alot of time to make something just a tiny little bit better. Something you cant do when you sell it to people.

Really Like your V-bar Mattias. Before I try to optimise it I guess I should tune the one i have. But in the future I think I'll try to peel of some of the "not used" metal i the Absorber to make it a bit lighter.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Here is what I did to one of my STSs.
[img][img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/ ... G_2067.jpg[/img][/img]
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ManX

Post by ManX »

Hi Boo,
they looks like very solid.
I prefere to have more impact surface and more soft, I have find some cheeper limbsaver very soft and big.
I am making one with flexibile "bars" just to work as string silenciers without carry his weight in the string (I think it reduce speed) :roll:
Sherek, I am looking for a pair of good ergal corners, Matth reduce weight using less metal( i do not know if he use alluminium) but more rubber to cover distant to the string.
I will post another pic of them next week. :wink:

ps: where have you bought that superb string :lol: , after absorber my other step will be making a good flemish, I am waiting two colour of fast flite plus and I have a lot of questions....
Last edited by ManX on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/ManX850/exorealtree-1.jpg[/img] ExomanX, Meopta 3100,[url=http://www.wolfszeit.com/images/WO.Mo.09-li..JPG]Wolfszeit[/url] scope mount, produce in ManX Factory spa: shock absorbers, 48 fff , 2216xx78 27% foc
Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

I have a phoenix armed with a Boo string (excel ) and an STS system.
I am well over 200 shots at this point and the stoppers are still in great
shape. I have not had to saw off the rods or twist the strings much.

Boo stated he had used a set of stoppers over 300 times. I will see if I can
top that number!
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I get about 2000 shots out of a pair of Simms Split Limbsavers on my system before I have to replace them. The main threat is letting the brace height get too low. The string will cut them.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

I disagree Bowtime about the deer hearing an arrow . Myself and my hunting buddy tested arrows with diff. fletchings and diff. degree of offsets.
We set up a camcorder right next to the target (crude test ) and were amazed at how little noise is made as the arrow approaches the target.
The loudest was the Quik Spins , sounded like a ticked off bumble bee.
The least was arrows with little or no degree of angle on fletching . Alomos no sound.
So that said . Try some sound testing and see what you come up with. We didn't have a decible meter.
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

tuskntine . . .if you watch those "string jump" videos on youtube, then you will see the deer getting away from the arrow. Agreed . . .different fletchings make more noise, it's a combination of vane material(stiffness) and degree of off-set. However, it's the type of noise that make the deer move . . .they hear a loud wizzing coming at them, even with what we consider low to no sound.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ManX

Post by ManX »

As promise you:
sorry for bed pic quality, otherwise V bar is flexible and made of carbon, limbsaver has a bolt inside and you can also regular it of about 1/4''.
I will test them on saturday :wink:
Last edited by ManX on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

The Mrs. has the STS on hers and a Fast Flight string she found keeping the string just off the bumpers just a hair worked better for accuracy the string still stops viberating with the foward motion.. I had to keep putting twists in the string to keep that level she wanted..(gotta teach her how to do it) I couldn't believe how much a string will stretch. Seemed like every 4 shots or so 1/4 inch stretch for the first 20 shots.. I am waiting for a set of set screws from Bucks n Ducks they forgot to put'm in my STS kit.
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am more confused now than when i started reading the posts. What is the answer? which brand is the best and should i buy some??? PLEASE Help me :( i am just a retired Electrical Superintendent none to smart here :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dick, it depends on what you want. The STS is slick and light weight. Home made versions are cheap but don't look as slick but can be lighter that the STS but the STS doen't weight much to start with. If you want something sophisticated then the Matthias is the way to go although it is not cheap.
I like the way the STS looks uncluttered so all of mine wear an STS.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
kennth

Re:

Post by kennth »

ManX wrote:As promise you:
sorry for bed pic quality, otherwise V bar is flexible and made of carbon, limbsaver has a bolt inside and you can also regular it of about 1/4''.
I will test them on saturday :wink:
Your crossbow is nice,
here's mine.
ch312

Re: sts

Post by ch312 »

dutchhunter wrote:hello i was at the bow shop yesterday they had the sts the price is closer to 80$ i did not think it was worth it
and thats why i stay far away from those crooks. almost everything they sell is way over priced and always has been. most places sell them for $45-50....
:roll: