new toy(ML)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

new toy(ML)

Post by crazyfarmer »

welp, went out and spent some cash and picked up the new T/C Encore Endeavor. I was looking at the pro hunter and the Savage model. I actaully was leaning towards the Savage due to cleaning, but with the new buckhorn powder I went back to the prohunter and I love the balance of it. They didnt have camo one in stock, but they had the endeavor there which was about 70bucks more. I asked if he could do better on the price and I would pick that up and well I picked up the new Endeavor for the SAME PRICE as the pro hunter :D

now just gotta save up 250 for the Nikon BDC scope 8)

suks spending so much for a gun I might shoot once every season, but I want that 1 shot to count :P :D
Hopefully the booners walk by now :P
Decoy Dan

Post by Decoy Dan »

Congratulations on the new front stuffer.
Don't think of it as a gun for just one season. The Pro hunter and the endeavor have interchangable barrels in almost any calibre you want.
I looked at the nikon BDC scope but ended up buying a bushnell elite 4200 in 3 x 9 x 40.
Grab yourself some 250 shockwave bullets and start breaking some paper.
Let us know how you make out at the range.

Dan.
I'll let my exocet do my talking.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Congratulations 8) I allways look at my Hunting and Fishing purchases as an investment in my Sons Inheritance :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

dick195252 wrote:Congratulations 8) I allways look at my Hunting and Fishing purchases as an investment in my Sons Inheritance :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dick is correct. Purchases of top end firearms are indeed investments. Over time your investment will provide dividends in the form of wonderful memories.

And time has shown that your firearm will increase in monetary value also.

Very few investments reap such duel rewards.

Of course the same can be said for Aw Shucks campaign memorabilia!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I already shoot the shockwave's in my other muzzleloader so hopefully they shoot as well in the T/C now :D

I may look into a 20g slug barrel and a 270 rifle barrel for crop damage later on for it :D

I finally saw a TV add for the Endeavor today also 8)
M&M

Post by M&M »

I have an encore and I love it, but what is the difference between the prohunter and the endeaver? M&M
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

M&M wrote:I have an encore and I love it, but what is the difference between the prohunter and the endeaver? M&M
nothing major really, just a new model with more suppressors in the stock to reduce recoil. The receiver has a different style design. Im not sure if on the old prohunters that you can remove the plug by hand, but the endeavor you can twist the breech plug out without tools. Now once you shoot 4-5 rounds, im sure you will need the wrench to take it out still. Its nothing I would trade the pro hunter in for if you have one LOL. I guess its kinda like the Y25 is to the vortex, just a purty model LOL
saxman

Post by saxman »

crazyfarmer wrote:I already shoot the shockwave's in my other muzzleloader so hopefully they shoot as well in the T/C now :D

I may look into a 20g slug barrel and a 270 rifle barrel for crop damage later on for it :D

I finally saw a TV add for the Endeavor today also 8)
I have the Encore and love it.
I bought a 270 28' SS fluted Bergara barrel for mine and am looking to by a Bergara 20 ga slug as well.
You have to buy new forends with each barrel
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

hey Crazyfarmer I got the encore 209x50..I love shootin the 245gr powerbelts with 100 grains of XXX..very accurate and consistent..

I bought a 204 barrle for my encore and man what a flat shooter 2.7 inch drop at 300 yds...it leaves a very small hole in the pelts and handgernades inside..great for predators..and yotes as well..

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
sevenmmstalker

Post by sevenmmstalker »

You will LOVE the TC combo with the Nikon BDC scope. My brother and I have the TC Omega with the Nikon Omega scope. They drive tacks. Brother shot a 5 inch group at 300 yards (5 shot). I stick to 200 yards myself.
Congrads on a great buy.
Hunters do it in the woods.
Exomax
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

sevenmmstalker wrote:You will LOVE the TC combo with the Nikon BDC scope. My brother and I have the TC Omega with the Nikon Omega scope. They drive tacks. Brother shot a 5 inch group at 300 yards (5 shot). I stick to 200 yards myself.
Congrads on a great buy.
thanks, im looking for the scope now(probably camo to match) and ive found some listed for 229-239.. most shops here sell them for 259-269 lol. Ive always used cheap scopes which fog and dont hold up to the test of time so i want a good scope for this one. Last season I had one fog on me which ruined a shot at a good 135inch buck 15yards away :roll: