Let's keep the forum a friendly place........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Let's keep the forum a friendly place........

Post by wabi »

......to share tips and suggestions on crossbow hunting, and forget any contests or competition that would cause disharmony.
The old method of posting our crossbow kills in a "trophy room" thread let us have a chance to share our successes, and receive many "pats on the back" and compliments, while inducing no ill thoughts about unfair competition.
Sorry,
But after reading the few threads already dedicated to a contest I'm seeing too many toes stepped on already, and we don't need any member to feel like they are being slighted in any way!
After I post this I'm going to edit my post on suggested rules to include a link to this post, and I hope we let that thread die!

No hard feelings, here. But I feel like any contest will probably cause hard feelings, so I suggest we drop the idea!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
crazyfarmer

Re: Let's keep the forum a friendly place........

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:......to share tips and suggestions on crossbow hunting, and forget any contests or competition that would cause disharmony.
The old method of posting our crossbow kills in a "trophy room" thread let us have a chance to share our successes, and receive many "pats on the back" and compliments, while inducing no ill thoughts about unfair competition.
Sorry,
But after reading the few threads already dedicated to a contest I'm seeing too many toes stepped on already, and we don't need any member to feel like they are being slighted in any way!
After I post this I'm going to edit my post on suggested rules to include a link to this post, and I hope we let that thread die!

No hard feelings, here. But I feel like any contest will probably cause hard feelings, so I suggest we drop the idea!!!!!!!!!!!
if no one can agree on a contest, then im fine with it being dropped all together :D If I offended anyone, then I apologize since I definitly wasnt trying to. The problem with forums is that you only see words and not expressions:) I think most of us here know how to work things back out even if we disagree. Its the US and if we all got along then it wouldnt be fun:) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA :lol:

but its best to drop the contest since Va is gunning for top spot and everyone else will have to kneel before us:) LMAO :P :lol:
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Contest or no contest, some of the best friends that I have are members of this forum and this contest isn't going to change that. I really do hope that we can work it out but if not, I will hunt as I normally do and when I come home from the woods, I'll shower, have some dinner, and log on and share my day with you guys, my best friends. Each and everyone of you mean a lot more to me than I think that you will ever know and I really do appreciate you all. Let's go huntin :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I second those feelings Ray. I do really like to see all the photos and stories from the Hunts. Please lets not let that come to an End :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

I think we should hunt for the fun of hunting. If you get a record buck , that is great, if you get a lesser deer than so be it. No matter what it will be your personal best. Where I hunt it is one deer per person. Having said that in some areas we can purchase extra tags if available. What is wrong with going hunting and do our best, hunt legally and hunt safetly. As for scoring, I am going to stay out of that. Put all the usable ideas in a hat and draw out one for this year. Have a good hunt.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

raydaughety wrote:Contest or no contest, some of the best friends that I have are members of this forum and this contest isn't going to change that. I really do hope that we can work it out but if not, I will hunt as I normally do and when I come home from the woods, I'll shower, have some dinner, and log on and share my day with you guys, my best friends. Each and everyone of you mean a lot more to me than I think that you will ever know and I really do appreciate you all. Let's go huntin :wink: .
dito Ray..good words..

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

In general a contest among us should make us a tighter group. Just like bragging rights between me and my hunting buddies. I would be awefully surprised if anyone here changed their hunting style to win a contest. Could you see Mike P. bragging about killing his third little doe in a week? :shock: :lol: :lol: No way. You probably will not see anything posted about me passing up a nice fat doe in hopes of a monster buck showing up either. :lol:

We are all mature grown-ups that act like children when we get a chance. However, we still know what life is all about. No contest will change us. :wink:

Have fun today.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Hey, it happens. It happens in every family. The difference here is that we can have a little squabble and leave it at that and move on. No long term battles here. Thats what makes this forum so different from so many others.

In this forum we can agree to disagree and still be brothers and sisters.

Many here have health issues that have brought them here via the use of a crossbow. And of course many are able bodied who choose to use the crossbow just for the pure joy of hunting with such a unique weapon.

I marvel every time I read about the hunters here who have overcome so much in their lives and continue to pursue their passion for hunting.

I found this forum due to my injury. What I also found was what happened to me was trivial compared to what others had experienced and continue to experience. These forum members are my hero's. They prevail over enormous odds and are an inspiration to me every day I venture into the deer woods.

And just how boring would it be if we all thought alike! I love seeing the different opinions here. I always try to walk in that other persons boots to try and understand that opinion that differs from my own. So a little confrontation now and again is healthy.

All the "discussions" about the contest have been good. I was able to walk in some Northern boots where only one deer is allowed per season. And I also took a stroll in some Southern boots where a deer a day is the prescription.

And as a result of these walks I arrived at a better understanding of how my brother and sister forum members perceive their deer seasons.

No matter what rules are instituted for any contest here, I am sure the forum members will understand that no contest of this nature can ever have a level playing field. Geography and Laws will see to that.

But what I do know is that what ever field the contest is played on, the real winners are those that understand it is all for fun.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Well said Mike, well said :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

wabi, I dropped out of sight last year because I didn't like the way things were heading so instead of posting negative thoughts I left. I posted some rules of our Md group which seem to have had great success playing the game. But hey what do I know. Just sharing some thoughts.