Are you getting ready?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ONLY8PTS

Are you getting ready?

Post by ONLY8PTS »

I've been away from the site for a few months and I'm starting to get itchy.In Pa. we get our new licenses in July and that starts me getting ready.Two months till archery opens.Taking the xbow to the range thursday morning.Haven't fired it in a while,gonna go sharpen up a bit.Anyone else getting psyched yet?
ALWAYS GIVE THANKS FOR YOUR BOUNTY.
REMEMER, AIM SMALL.....MISS SMALL.
VORTEX,WITH RIGHT STUFF PKG.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Yep, I woke up before daybreak and couldn't go back to sleep do I went to the waffle house and aggravated the waitresses a bit and then drove out to the farm and checked on a couple of fields from a distance. The deer were pretty active, especially where there was water. It's extremely hot today, suppose to be in the 100s this afternoon. I can't wait to feel that cool breeze that blows against the back of your neck announcing the arrival of fall. But that's 2 months away but it's coming :wink: . We'll start out with our annual dove hunt and then start bow hunting...black powder...then rifle season.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

yes, i haven't stopped getting ready since season closed. i slowed down some during the bad cold and rain. shooting dz. to 2dz. times every other day.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

like smokepole said, i havent stopped getting ready... my season never ends :lol: :D
cdup

Post by cdup »

It can't come fast enough, especially when you watch the outdoor channels every chance you have. Wouldn't be for the heat and humidity I would be in the woods now. Preparing for the season or trying to stick a hog. If mother nature decides not to bless us with a hurricane, we won't start for 4-5 weeks tackling the preparation work.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I haven't quit either. I have been following Mr. Big since his antlers sprouted, every day he seems to grow more leary of everything around him, the only thing I have seen move without making him jump out of his skin is a beautiful doe with twins that feeds around him every few days, I am starting to thing she just likes to stand near him for safety.
I wish tomorrow was opening day, I am so ready!!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I've been planning my strategies in my head for awhile. Trying to put all my scouting info in my head to formulate plans for various wind conditions. AM/PM hunts.

Made 2 dozen treesteps Sunday for Ecoaster and myself. 10mm rebar and 2"x1/2" lag bolts. At a cost of about $30.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Rich

Post by Rich »

I'm warming up already, took 4 does using crop damage permits last week.

Rich
HW

Post by HW »

Was out putting some arrows in my target this afternoon.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

just a little for warning that the deadline to get into the antlerless deer draw for ontario..
the draw dead line date is july 31
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I never stop getting ready either, I shoot my bow everyday :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

I put in for a Quota hunt with others, preparing a fixed tree stand and make soil preparation for winter peas to be planted :)
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Don't have to get ready. I live in a deer stand. 8) :wink:
Grizz
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

been shooting all year, cleared my trails out, put out more minerals, moved a few stands, fixed up the ground blinds, so yes I'm all set. Hope there are as many deer as deer flys this year
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Alright Bob, I'm starting to worry about your relationship with that bow :lol: :lol:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray