New bolt cutter boardheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cdup

New bolt cutter boardheads

Post by cdup »

Just finish putting together my dad's phoenix he just received. I have the 100g wasp that came with my 07'. So I pulled out the cutter to have a closer look at them. Inserting the blades wasn't to bad, but had to be careful inserting the head shaft between the blades. All in all it seems to be a tough board head. Try to screw one into one of the bolts ( or shall I say arrow ) ,but the threads got tight when I got it half way and it stop. Tried different arrows and broad head ,but no luck. I'm going to try a little oil on the cutters tomorrow when I go sight it in. Just for the record, the field points screwed in fine with any combination arrow or field point. As of right now, I'm not to impress with them. Oh yeah, since when did they start putting a Excal. cap into the right stuff package. I know I didn't get one in mine.lol :cry: :P
Respect everyone, but fear no one
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i had soemthing like you experienced with the rage heads... it was something about a certain set of inserts I used. Though they were the same part number, the bhead wouldnt screw but halfway in. I'd still try some oil cause it might be some dirt or metal in the insert. But if it wont go, dont force it. Send them back and say they wont go in the inserts!
Rich

Post by Rich »

I had the same problem before when to much glue/epoxy was used and it over ran into the end of the insert.

Rich
cdup

Post by cdup »

Two out of the six board heads wouldn't go in. Didn't go any further, just set the other four up for now. I don't think it was glue or the insert, being the others screwed in with no problelm. I compare the threads of the bad ones to the good ones, but couldn't see any diff. or bad threads. I guess we just received two lemons. It happens sometimes.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

maybe PM excal marketing dude here and let him know you had some issues with 2 of them and see what excal says;)
TYE

Post by TYE »

What's a board head? :lol: (I couldn't resist...)
cdup

Post by cdup »

lol, guess i should have used the spell checker.