Sucker Punched

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kendo kid

Sucker Punched

Post by kendo kid »

I just ordered a new camo jacket, Standing corn, from C-R Camo. It is anb unlined jacket and a little high priced at $40.00 US. But what to heck I will get good use out of it with deer and goose hunting. It was to be shipped by post office and arrive in 10 -15 days. Cost about $10.

I then received my confirmation of shipping and notification of the transaction amount. $40 for the jacket plus $36 for shipping UPS overnight plus $46 UP customs SPAM! charges. I am now paying, as they have processed my credit card. $122.00 for a $40 jacket. Boy to I feel F**K over. What a rip off. Wach out for this company they will get you as bad as they got me.

Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
JRS

Post by JRS »

You aren't the first guy and definitely won't be the last that gets screwed for using UPS to handle cross border shipping. You best way to ship from the USA has always been with the USPS, it's reliable and costs are reasonable.
Digger

Re: Sucker Punched

Post by Digger »

kendo kid wrote: I then received my confirmation of shipping and notification of the transaction amount. $40 for the jacket plus $36 for shipping UPS overnight plus $46 UP customs SPAM! charges. I am now paying, as they have processed my credit card. $122.00 for a $40 jacket. Boy to I feel F**K over. What a rip off. Wach out for this company they will get you as bad as they got me.

Kendo Kid
I was done in by UPS afew years go with their brokeragecharges, 50% of the cost of a bow I had ordered. Since then i have insisted that the seller ship their package be sent USPS. I haven't used them since.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Grizzly Adam

Re: Sucker Punched

Post by Grizzly Adam »

kendo kid wrote: It was to be shipped by post office and arrive in 10 -15 days. Cost about $10.
Well, if that was the agreement, that was the agreement. I'd never accept a charge I hadn't agreed to. Involve your credit card company. They can and will help you.

You don't have to put up with that. Report the unethical transaction by complaint to the Better Business Bureau:

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx
Grizz
wabi

Post by wabi »

If I'm reading correctly, you're saying it was specified to be shipped by the postal service. If you specified postal service and the seller changed the shipping method you might be able to file a claim with your credit card company and dispute the charges. I'd sure give it a try!
I will NOT ship by UPS unless it's an absolute necessity. I had to return merchandise to two companies using a UPS prepaid shipping label furnished by the seller, and UPS charged me additional fees to accept the package! To add insult to injury, one of those packages was a fly rod UPS had destroyed in shipping to me. I now have my account with Cabela's flagged - SHIP USPS ONLY!!!!!
The last package I compared shipping costs on was a rifle stock I returned to T/C Arms. $12.00 USPS Priority Mail and $18.00 UPS ground!
USPS is by far the least expensive and most dependable service in my opinion.
wabi
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Call your credit card company. I just went through this with a part for my new truck and when it was all said and done, they reversed the charges and sent me a shipping label to send the item back. No way would I sit back and do nothing. Last a lot of money for an uninsulated jacket :shock: . I really hope that you get the matter resolved.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Big John

g

Post by Big John »

Been there Buddy! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I hate getting Screwed!! :twisted:
Call your credit card if there is still time.

Talk to you soon.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
TPM

Post by TPM »

I feel for ya, had the same thing happen with some hunting gear we bought from the U.S.. I've learned now to always ask if they'll ship USPS and if they won't, no deal. I did have one experience where I ordered a book from a company that dealt in vintage hunting/outdoors/gun books but the woman who runs it was kind enough to let me know that she only ships UPS and there would be substantial charges along with that. I said "thanks but no thanks" and she canceled my order without a problem.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
saxman

Post by saxman »

I hate that for you.
Sellers on ebay do that all the time,Cheap selling price with inflated shipping.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

UPS, I believe, will pick up a parcel at the Vendor's place of business. So, from the Vendpr's perspective, they would rather ship UPS. It's less effort than sending someone down to the Post Office.

By all means go after the Vendor through your credit card company--if the vendor won't offer to make good their mistake cost you.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Contact your Credit Card Company Immediately :!: File the complaint and sock it to the Seller :evil: :twisted:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Shoulda shopped at Cabelas:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... stid=45936

Wonder if that super-link will work? :shock:

Free shipping on clothes over $100! :D
Grizz
beretta96D

Post by beretta96D »

I just got boned the same way. I ordered a ladder treestand for my wife from the bowhunter superstore. The treestand is $85 US. They charged me $35 for shipping, then two days later charged me a oversized shipping charge of $85. Not bad, $120 shipping for a $85 item!!!!!

When I asked about the additionals, their site does say oversized items may have additional charges and will be calculated after being processed.

Next time I'll read the fine print a little slower.

Your case does sounds like you have a leg to stand on. I'd definitely fight it!
Rich

Post by Rich »

"Sucker punched"..........sounds to me like you took it somewhere else.

Rich
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Thank you all for the suggestions and support. I wrote a hot e-mail to the company and they refunded me $20 bucks. To make it even more irriataing I paid by Credit card and it is Pay Pal that is sending all the information regarding shipping costs. Time will tell if C - R Camo is still sending via UPS or by post office. If it comes by post then we have a $200 limit before duty cahrges get levied. With UPS they hit you with the duty charges even if the item is $5.00. Most of my gear comes from Cabelas and their charges are bad enough. To make things worse I see Cabelas has bought SIR in Manitoba. They had stuff Cabels would never carry. Guess that will change.
kendo kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur