Excalibur hats

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris50362

Excalibur hats

Post by chris50362 »

So I'm in Le Baron this morning picking up some stuff for the upcoming moose season...and deer season, and I ask about buying a Excalibur ball cap.

The sales guy tells me they are in the box when you buy a bow. I bought the Exomax last December and 'The Right Stuff', no hat. He asks where I bought the crossbow. I told him Bass Pro out at Vaughan Mill, ON. AHH, that's your problem we heard they take all the hats out of the box there. The employees are keeping them.

I asked at Excalibur booth at the Toronto Exhibition where I can get a hat and that guy told me there in the box when you buy a bow.

So what the heck is going on with bass pro and this *alleged* theft of hats. What's a ball cap worth, $20 I should have got a discount......

:evil: :evil:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Chris the 25th anniversary hats didn`t start getting packaged with the bows till this year .
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The "staff" at Bass Pro in Vaughn is a member here, and I am fairly confident he is not stealing hats.
I detest companies who slander others for the sake of looking good.

The people who put the hats in the boxes are members here, the guy who opens the boxes for sales in Bass Pro Vaughn is here too, all that is left is the UPS guy in between, and we are still working on him. :D

If you really want a hat bring your bow the factory for service, when Peter forgets to give you your stringer back he will reward the round trip with a brand spanking new cap.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TPM

Post by TPM »

Hey Stash, are you "stashin'" hats? :D Just kidding of course but I'm not suprised to here that LeBaron's staff said something like that. :roll:
Last edited by TPM on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
chris50362

Post by chris50362 »

I'm only the messenger, that's what I was told by Le Baron staff. :oops:
chris50362

Post by chris50362 »

Oh, by the way, I was just doing some target shooting and I notice the broadheads shoot much lower then the field points. Is this normal? I'm using the Boss broadheads that came with the bow, as well the field points.

I'm an old pistol/rifle shooter from yesteryear and I have a good idea how ammunition shoots but seeing as I'm a crossbow virgin I don't know what to expect when shooting different types of heads, weights and bolts.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have the older hat but will be ordering a 25th anniversary one soon.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i maybe wrong but i thought the Y25 were the ones to have Caps in them. are all of them coming with caps in the box ?
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

chris50362 wrote:Oh, by the way, I was just doing some target shooting and I notice the broadheads shoot much lower then the field points. Is this normal? I'm using the Boss broadheads that came with the bow, as well the field points.

I'm an old pistol/rifle shooter from yesteryear and I have a good idea how ammunition shoots but seeing as I'm a crossbow virgin I don't know what to expect when shooting different types of heads, weights and bolts.

Depending on the broadhead, they often have different POI compared to field points. Some broadheads will hit in the same spot.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Digger

Post by Digger »

saxman wrote:I have the older hat but will be ordering a 25th anniversary one soon.

I got one with my Y25 and one when my older bow came beck from warranty.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Stash

Post by Stash »

I just read this, and yes, this pisses me off.

The hats started shipping with the 2008 models. Even if someone bought a bow in 2008, it may have been older stock, without the hat.

Chris - if you want a hat, next time you're in Bass Pro let me (or one of the other archery staff) know and we'll give you one. I'll replace it with one of my own. I have 2 that I got from the guys at Excalibur, neither of which was swiped from a box. :roll: One I got at a trade show a few months ago and one at their open house last month.

And you can tell those jerks at LB that they are full of crap. :evil:
Last edited by Stash on Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
chris50362

Post by chris50362 »

Most of my shopping is done with BassPro anyway. Better selection....and more stock. Sorry I brought the subject up. I just thought I would pass one what I heard.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Chris, next time you come up to Georgina let me know and remind me to bring up one of my extras. And yup, bring your Max!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
chris50362

Post by chris50362 »

Boo wrote:Chris, next time you come up to Georgina let me know and remind me to bring up one of my extras. And yup, bring your Max!
I'm pretty sure I'll be going up on Aug 8th and staying till Sun morning. Thanks!
dutchhunter

no hat

Post by dutchhunter »

i got my new vortex io 08 but it came with no hat .most have been old stock .the dealer said he would get me one but it was never mentioned again .guess i will have to buy my own