Walmart bag target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stosh

Walmart bag target

Post by Stosh »

I got a bag target for practice, Walmart bm-180. $25.
When we got home I wipped out my exocet 200 put in a 425 gr bolt, at 20 yards, Shot 3 arrows. Arrow penetration was 5 to 6 inches, Came out with 2 fingers. Man am I impressed, I was shooting a foam target and needed 2 hands. Only 3 shots but I like to practice and I think this will hold up well. It is fairly big.

Gettin closer, Stosh
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have the same one and it works great.
I may pick up the one for Broadheads as well.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Thank You for the Information I will check it out :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
motuna

Post by motuna »

Bought this at Sports Academy
GAME WINNER BAG TARGET

Zoom product image.

$19.99
Item#: 9581992
Style#: 1600
SKU: 0363-01661-0001
24 in. x 24 in. x 10 in.
For use with carbon or aluminum arrows
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hey Saxman . . .I went to Walmart today and bought the BM-360 for broadheads. Don't even think about buying this target. I'm taking it back tomorrow if Walmart will take it. It's almost impossible to pull the arrows out. I have blisters on my hands after 80 shots. I feel like I'm a fairly strong guy, but, I had to use two hands and a pair of pliers. Even then it took all I had. It was easier to pull arrows out of the plywood at Boo's cottage(please don't ask me to explain how they got there :lol: )

Another problem with the target, it's 20 inches wide. Just wide enough to swallow a 20" arrow. With my Exomax, I had several that had less than an inch showing after impact.

It may be a great target for a lighter bow, but, not a 200-225# crossbow.

Scott
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Normous

Post by Normous »

sumner4991 wrote:Hey Saxman . . .I went to Walmart today and bought the BM-360 for broadheads. Don't even think about buying this target. I'm taking it back tomorrow if Walmart will take it. It's almost impossible to pull the arrows out. I have blisters on my hands after 80 shots. I feel like I'm a fairly strong guy, but, I had to use two hands and a pair of pliers. Even then it took all I had. It was easier to pull arrows out of the plywood at Boo's cottage(please don't ask me to explain how they got there :lol: )

Another problem with the target, it's 20 inches wide. Just wide enough to swallow a 20" arrow. With my Exomax, I had several that had less than an inch showing after impact.

Scott
You just might be testing too many stings :lol: :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

OK . . .I took the BM-360 back yesterday and brought home the BM-180. Walmart didn't even blink about taking it back. The BM-360 has a inner section divider or something. Anyway, once an arrow pierces that divider, it's stuck. The Exomax had no trouble busting that divider. However, I had trouble pulling out the arrows. :oops: BM-360 . . .probably real good for a lighter bow.

Norm . . .you are right, I'm either testing too many strings or too few targets. :lol: Maybe I should have kept the BM-360, after a few thousand shots I could enter a bodybuilding contest and win. :wink: It was a workout.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

sumner4991 wrote:Hey Saxman . . .I went to Walmart today and bought the BM-360 for broadheads. Don't even think about buying this target. I'm taking it back tomorrow if Walmart will take it. It's almost impossible to pull the arrows out. I have blisters on my hands after 80 shots. I feel like I'm a fairly strong guy, but, I had to use two hands and a pair of pliers. Even then it took all I had. It was easier to pull arrows out of the plywood at Boo's cottage(please don't ask me to explain how they got there :lol: )

Scott
Too late.
I got it yesterday and it is going back today.
I like the BM-180 but not the 360
One of may arrows burried up to the fletch and MAN it was tough to get out.

I may have to hang the 180 on something,I keep knocking it over with that Equinox power
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

ok its been a few days, hows the BM-180 holding up ? my 2 year old yellowjacket bag target is letting my arrows thru now. started this morning 2 went thru. now i have to refletch the arrows.
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

I bought the Morrell xbow target for both field tips and broadheads. Almost takes a D9 Cat bulldozer to pull the bolts out . I found that wiping the bolts down between EACH shot with dish washing liquid makes removal of field tips
a lot easier. Haven't tried broadheads yet . Still recovering from back surgery and don't want to push my luck. Dawn works real good , lemon scented , lol . :D
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

I shot around 50 shots, all I can say is wow. 10 at the same bull. wow

Stosh
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

y'all think it will hold up to 2000 shots before giving up the ghost ?
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

BM-180

I've only got 100 shots in it. Thus far it looks OK. I did have a wierd experience with it. I had a shot blocked. :shock: I hit the target and the arrow bounced back off the target by four feet and landed softly in the yard. It looked like a slam dunk that got rejected. :?

That target makes a loud sound upon impact. Unlike the foam targets. However, the ease of removal is 10 times easier than the foam.

Scott

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

does anybody know if these are available in canada i've been making my own foam targets
saxman

Post by saxman »

Only problem I have had is that one of my vert bow arrows spun in (I guess) because of the helical and got twisted in the material inside.
It was a bugger to get out
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011