wasted trip to bass pro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

wasted trip to bass pro

Post by dutchhunter »

well what a wasted trip sold out moultree cameras sold out rem 798 bolt guns sold out cvas muzzys .did get a rain check for the tree stand so it will only cost another 40$gas what a load of crap a lot of people were not happy today
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

I was there yesterday on my wat home from upnorth at aroun 2:00pm and they were sold out of those cva's and moultries then.
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
Big John

v

Post by Big John »

Problem with me is, every time I go there, whether I get what I went for or not, cost's me way to much money. :roll: :) :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Normous

Post by Normous »

Thats the #1 complaint I hear about Bass Pro. They put something on sale without sufficiant stock to back them up. Its just to suck you in. As far as I know they have lost two of my good friends as customers. And let me tell you that they both spread the news around at work and e-mails expressing their displeasure with Bass Pro, word traveled fast. Not everybody lives around the block. Some travel a decent distance only to find a bad experience waiting for them.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

Ive pretty much stopped shopping at basspro.I buy most of my hunting supplies at Gander Mountain or Dicks sporting goods.
There supposed to open a basspro in buffalo in a few years.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

It's not just Bass Prop, many retailers have loss leaders to get folks to come in only to find few or any of the item stocked.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i buy most of my stuff from cabela's
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

I know we all like bargains, But local sporting retail store even though they do charge a bit more for the same product (sometimes even better quality) usually has it in stock or can get it in a few days and you don't need to spend the $40 on gas but the gas money is in the extra you pay to them. They will also service you better as well. Small businesses give better one-on-one then BIG BOX.
My opinion.
mark
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

enormous wrote: Not everybody lives around the block. Some travel a decent distance only to find a bad experience waiting for them.
Been there, done that!! When you are catering to not just the residents of Vaughn but a large population of southern Ontario you need to be well stocked.

For me I cannot afford to drive to Bass Pro in hopes of getting something specific, even though I know it is a product they carry. I will only go if I am passing through.

I just ordered new rubber boots, from Cabelas. I ordered from them years ago and was pleased with their service. Hopefully they will not disappoint this time around.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Sopchoppy

bass pro

Post by Sopchoppy »

My primary sources are Bowhunters Super Store & Ebay. BSS is usually much lower priced than any stores I've found. Bought my Vortex from BSS and wanted the lumizone instead of the varizone in the Right Stuff pkg. Mike made the swap for just $15 more. The pkg. at Bass Pro is $880 and I would have had to pay $85 just in sales tax. No sales tax and BSS had free shipping at the time. I bought my Summit Ultimate Viper SS climber on Ebay for $330 shipped. (One had sold the previous week for $285) That's $70 less than Bass Pro and it would have been another $38 in sales tax. I look everywhere else before I order from or go to Bass Pro which is 100 miles away.
dutchhunter

disaponted

Post by dutchhunter »

the thing that really got me was that most stuff advertised was not in stock. i will not be going back
Normous

Re: disaponted

Post by Normous »

dutchhunter wrote:the thing that really got me was that most stuff advertised was not in stock. i will not be going back
The old bait and switch.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Stash

Post by Stash »

Partly to blame are the dealers who come in early on the first day and snap up all the best deals. We had one dealer who shall remain nameless come in early Friday morning and haul away an entire shopping cart full of the Moultries. Somebody at BP head office neglected to include "no dealers" in the flyer.

I agree, more stuff on sale should be stocked, and as a sales associate for BP I am as frustrated as the customers are when there aren't enough of the sale items.
The old bait and switch.
I'm going to have to disagree on that one - it's NOT intentional. Usually it's simply a matter of shipping delays or suppliers not being able to provide what was contracted for. Sometimes, especially with guns and ammo, it's federal regulations causing delays in importing items. Sometimes it's just plain gross misjudgement in estimated sales.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Stash,
I understand your position and explanation. Maybe you can suggest to the PB Head Office that they cover their ass first in regards to inventory quantities before they advertise these items in the first place. Certainly they should have learned from these kind of mistakes in the past, right? This kinda problem is cropping up over and over the way I hear it. I would like you and BP to do well in the market, but understand the consequenses after repeat incidences such as lack of sufficiant stock due to poor planning from the PP Head Office.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Exocet77

Post by Exocet77 »

Had the same problem. I called this weekend before I went though. I wanted a decoy on sale for $125 (sold out). Work out the tax, gas and time. I ended up ordering it from cabelas website. Taxes,duties shipped to my door $200.