Magnus Snuffer Broadheads - Who uses them?????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Magnus Snuffer Broadheads - Who uses them?????

Post by wabi »

I found a few old Magnus Snuffer 125 gr broadheads in my valuable archery equipment storage compartment (aka junk box) left over from my trad bow hunting days.
I'm presently using 2215 aluminum shafts and 100 gr G-5 Montec broadheads. I found a couple old 2213 shafts and re-fletched them with my standard set-up of Blazer vanes. The total weight with the 125 gr points was very close to my total weight with 2215s & 100 gr points (within 5 gr)! At 25 yards the Snuffer was dead-center on the target when I tested it, so now I'm thinking of trying them this fall.

Any comments or advice???????????
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

Wabi
Those are the 3 blade arent they? Like the old Rothhair snuffer?
From what I remember they were great
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

At 25 yards the Snuffer was dead-center on the target when I tested it, so now I'm thinking of trying them this fall.

Any comments or advice???????????
Yeah............nice arrows.

I've got a 6 pack of unsued and the original Rothaar Snuffer BH's.....never though of putting them to use in the CB.

Sax..............I think Magnus took over the design from Rothaar and market them in stainless now...
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
beretta96D

Post by beretta96D »

I was using the 100gr snuffer SS last year. They shot well for me, easy to sharpen and tough as nails. Mine were the 3 blade design. The two blade designs are called Stingers.

I sold them with my vert. bow since I switched to a 4 blade steel force in 145gr.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have 125 Rothaar snuffers and have been shooting them in my Exocet 200 with Bman Thunderbolts , Fly like Darts . Just having a heck of a time getting them shaving sharp .
shifty

Post by shifty »

Hi wabi hows it going I havent been on this sight for a while. Good to see your still using it regularly. I just thought id try the 2 inch blazer vane on some 2219s and the wasp 4 blade broadheads for moose this year. A little nervouse about shooting such a small vane . You have ben having good luck with them ? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have used 2 inch blazers with 4 blade Wasp Boss , flys like a dart . The 125 Snuffer with the 2 inch Blazers is the same.
shifty

Post by shifty »

thanks
wabi

Post by wabi »

Since I tried the 2" blazers a few years ago I have switched to them exclusively. No fletch I've ever tried does any better (many are as good), and the 2" blazer just looks good on a short arrow. :wink:

I'm narrowing my choice for my next broadhead order down. The snuffers are definately a contender, but now I have to decide if I want a fixed or replacement blade style. I see a couple brands of replacement blade models that catch my eye - the G-5 Stryker and the Horton Crossbow broadhead look similar (and appealing). :lol:
wabi
shifty

Post by shifty »

Your right i cant believe these vanes. I put them on my 2219s and they shot great so i had to play around a bit and brought out my145 grn bear razorheads with no bleeder blades took the cube out to 30 yrds and pounded tacks with them. Thinkin maybe this is the set up I should use this year for moose . They are so easy to sharpen up too. I say if your snuffers fly then use them this year you should get a huge hole with them.