AHHHHHHHHHH HELP!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rick Teal

Post by Rick Teal »

I had a blue one break a couple of years ago. It split in half along the mould marks. I replaced it before these "black ones" came out. Maybe I should pick one up - just to be on the safe side.
I hunt, therefore I am.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Just got a new black one for a buddy. Bet there's a gazillion blue ones out there, know I've put two of them to excessive use, lol. No problems. I took the plastic tube off one so I can use the rope cocker w/ it [Emax days] can "man up" W/ Y25, lol. I always had in the back of my mind those pink cutting boards from Mal=Wart would make a slew of them after running it through a table saw. Repeatedly.
"Eze 18:21"
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

I wonderred if the plastic was the same as a plastic cutting board.

crunch
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Here are possible examples of the difference between the blue squares and the white squares. I don't know if this is true for all stringers but I did notice the difference on the stringers I have.

The first picture shows a white square next to a blue square. You can easily see the way the chord is attached to the square is different in the white versus the blue.

This second picture shows both sides of the white squares and how the chord is attached.

This last picture shows the blue square and a plastic end that fits the carved tip limbs. This is what came with my carved tip exocet.

It makes one wonder if the manner in which the chord is attached could possibly be the weak spot on the blue squares causing them to fail.
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

Last question(s), How long should the rope be and how large is the hole for the limbs?

Thanks,

crunch
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

I have the blue ones and the holes are out of round. Should I keep using these ? I am using an exocet. Hawk
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have these . . .how many different ones are there? Is it only the square ones that are blowing up?

My plastic broke, so I served kite string around the cord . . .it works great.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

scott those look exactly like my black ones. i would assume they should be fine just like the black likely the same type of plastic just different colour
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i have the blue ones like those triangled ones also.
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

Mine are the square ones ( blue ) are they safe to use with the holes out of round ? have a tough time getting them over limb tips. Hawk
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

hey sumner4991 those are the ones i had that blew up
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I use mine a lot . . .I mean a ton. I wonder if they weaken over time or if you have a good set, they remain good. I probably have used these at least three hundred times in the past year.

I guess I'll need to check into this a little.

Thanks,

Scott
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
widowman

Post by widowman »

sumner4991 wrote:I have these . . .how many different ones are there? Is it only the square ones that are blowing up?

My plastic broke, so I served kite string around the cord . . .it works great.
Mine was just like yours and exploded (into at least a dozen pieces) when I was stringing my brothers brand new vortex.......eeekkkks.

Everything was fine and the bow shoots great. But i'm without a stringer now.

Are they offering replacements? I think I ended up tossing the pieces in the trash.
Swish

Post by Swish »

mine blew up too - first time stringing my first bow :cry: i'm pretty sure everything is fine- talked to excal and they said they'd replace it (great folks, they are!) but i just strung it manually according to the instructions in the dvd. I'll probably take them up on their offer eventually.