anyone use the Monarch Binos?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Swift/ dark

Post by Cossack »

Warning, assuming you're talking to me.....
Swift work great in low light. They are multi coated.
gad

Post by gad »

warningshot wrote:how are they in low light conditions
I can attest the vortex quality on low light conditions. My vultures 8.5 x 50, even being one of the cheapest vortex binos, are great in low light.

But of course, most of this is because they have a large objective (50 mm) x a low magnification (8.5 x). This gives you a big exit pupil (50 / 8.5 = 5.88 mm) wich is always great in low light. So if you want good low light performance, you should search always for bigger objectives and lower amplification. NO matter the brand.

I am sure the high end binos, like leica, swarovski, etc are much better, but my vortex vulture is great for the price and do the job very well.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I have some 8 X 42 Monarchs and like them. I hunt in the mountains and the prairie as well as in the bush.......so I was going to get some 10 X 56 Monarch's...............I flinched as I picked them up......boy are they heavy.......great as far as light gathering but just too heavy to be carrying them on long mountain hikes..............so I purchased the 10 X 42 Monarchs.........they are good performers............nothing will compare to the Swaro's though (in quality and price). Monarchs are good glass for the money.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
warningshot

Re: Swift/ dark

Post by warningshot »

[quote="Cossack"]Warning, assuming you're talking to me.....
Swift work great in low light. They are multi coated.[/quote]
myself ...i'm looking for some glass that is good in low light conditions ....leaning towards leupold katima's or nikon monarchs... but willing to try any..
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I have a Monarch too. The Swift compares very favorably. They are my 'stand binocs'. Their visual clarity is remarkable esp. for the money.
You don't hear much about them since they are marketed more to the bird watching crowd. But they look just like other binoculars so it doesn't matter to me.
Correction 8.5X42
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I concur on the Swift binoculars. But the model I have is the Audoban 8.5x44 roof prism binoculars. They're very good. I also like the Leupold Katmai in 8x32 flavor, very light. I have a pair of Bushnell Legends in 8x32 and they are very good glass for the money, around $200.00. I tried the Monarchs but I have a very narrow face and my "interpupillary" distance is narrow. The Monarchs wouldn't close enough for me to see properly with both eyes. I also wear eyeglasses which opens up a whole 'nother can of worms when it comes to purchaseing optics. I like the Swift's, but I have to say that at dusk when I glass down into a hollow or draw, they're not good enough to pick up game, my buddy's Leica's do. During the legal shooting times of "thirty minutes before...thirty minuites after" he can see things with those that I can't with mine.

If I was a young lad and starting over, I would have bought a hundred dollar pair of porro prism binoculars and saved my money for some like my buddy's. With all the money I've spent over the years I could have bought several pairs of Leicas or Swarovskis by now.