E-bay help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

E-bay help

Post by raydaughety »

I'm new to ebay and am a little worried about buying from someone that I don't know. Would someone please check out this item and tell if you feel that this sale is legit. Everywhere else I looked this rangefinder sells for $200 - $250 :? Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bushnell-yardage-pr ... otohosting
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Does the seller appear to be on the up and up? What are the consequences if he doesn't follow through? Sorry but I've never been down this road :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dutchhunter

same one on sale at canadian tire for 199$

Post by dutchhunter »

looks good says 7 day money back . i think if u pay with a creidit card.easer return .good luck
snortwheez

Post by snortwheez »

I reccomend opening a PAYPAL account before buying that way your $ is insured (if he runs you will get your $ back) I don't trust using my credit card on the net, also stay away from anyone with under 50 sale's and a feedback score under 98.9%. Also I would only purchase new euipment. I buy from ebay quite abit and have been screwed twice but because of paypal I had my $ back in 3 day's, also got burned for dutie once.
dw

Post by dw »

161 posative feedback 100% rating. new in the box. i wouldnt hesitate. at the least you have the manufactures warranty plus like mentioned before he has a return policy. looks like a good deal. hurry up or i might buy it. lol.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ray,
Looks fine to me. The seller has 100% positive feedback and good ratings on the feedback profile. I would use PayPal to pay for anything that high priced, though.
eBay and PayPal both have policies to protect buyers and sellers, but if anything was to go wrong be sure to read the policies carefully. There is a time limit for filing disputes.
I've never been swindled on eBay, but it's all a matter of reading the description carefully, and checking feedback thoroughly. If a seller has over 100 feedbacks and is 100% positive chances are they are honest.
wabi
Cariboo

Post by Cariboo »

The seller has a good reputation at 100% positive.

As mentioned open and use a Pay Pal account and you will be protected against fraud. (Although I personally LOATH PayPal and their anti-gun stance.)

Check the price and if it seems good go for it.

BTW, As for the range-finder ................ It may be fine for a bow hunter but if you also rifle hunt it may come up short as that model usually fails to range deer under field conditions at much more than ~200 yards.
[b]CSSA Member[/b]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i would by that in a second;) 100% feedback.. open a paypal account and you are good to go. But I doubt you have any trouble with him since he has a perfect score. That models 219.99 in cabelas
saxman

Post by saxman »

I agree
Use pay pal and your credit card and you are protected,Nice rangefinder

I sent you an e mail Ray.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

They don't make that model anymore. The box in the picture says it's a scout which is what I had and I didn't have any problems with it out to 300 yards. However in the description doesn't say "scout" so I sent him a message asking if it was a scout. The new Bushnell Scout 1000 runs $250 with a $50.00 rebate from Bushnell. What's a guy to do :? .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
beretta96D

Post by beretta96D »

It looks legit, seller has great feedback with several customers even though he's only been around since April of this year.

Definitely go with PayPal since you're product is insured if you're ripped off.

When I shop there, I look at the feedback, comments and length of time he's been selling.

If you set your maximum bid to whatever you feel it is worth, then the computer will raise your bid only when you're outbid up to your pre determined maximum. If someone outbids your maximum, you're sent an e-mail asking if you wish to manually bid higher.
sevenmmstalker

Post by sevenmmstalker »

Beretta is on the mark. Good feedback tells a great deal of the story on Ebay. I do not buy if the seller does not have at least 98% positive feedback. I figure there are 2 % crazies out there that you can never make happy. Has served me well so far. Use paypal.
Also do not fall in love with that item....figure what you want to buy it for and do not go up....don't forget shipping and handling cost .....if you get it great, if not.... more will come.
Hunters do it in the woods.
Exomax
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

That's the "Buy It Now" price. I already have a paypal account but now I'm concerned about the 200 yard maximum range that was made. Does anyone have this model. Also, I looked at the seller's history and he has sold 3 or 4 of these in the last month. He has a lot of other optics listed on ebay as well.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ray, i believe the trailscout took this ones place, just a smaller more compact model good to 1000 yards. The one you have listed should be good for well past 200 yards. Im not worried about shooting that far anyway. I have the yardage pro 450 whch was the model right below this one at the time and ive been very happy with it. I normally only need to range anywhere from 15-75 yards anyway with 10-35 being the most common ones

i just bought a pair of monarch 10x36's from ebay a few minutes ago lol.. so go ahead and click the button;)

If I get another it will be either be the Nikon riflehunter 550 with ID or the Bushnell trailscout 1000 ARC, but both are 300 bucks(250's on ebay)
wabi

Post by wabi »

Did a google search for the model # (bushnell 20-1315)
Best price I can find is from Amazon.com at $199.95
the description says:
Product Description
Weighing in at a mere 6.8 oz., the Yardage Pro Scout is the smallest, most compact laser rangefinder of its kind. Advanced laser technology delivers superb range performance to targets up to 700 yards away. A short, 10-yard minimum distance makes it the ideal tool for bow hunters. Features adjustable 6x magnification, accuracy to +/- 1 yard, scans, rain and Zip modes and built-in reflector.
wabi