now i done it!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

now i done it!

Post by dw »

yea i know, i can hear it now, i told you so! i ordered a barnett predator package today. read some very good reviews on it. i'll let you know how it shoots if you want. still shaking my head, say to myself, why did you do that. dont know why just wanted it lol.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Barnett sales might be good this year. I'm probably going to order one as soon as my local pro shop gets me a little more info. It's a new model that will be released in a couple weeks, and it sounds like just what I've been looking for, for my son that is.
Phantom Jr. - 60# draw weight & just barely over 3# physical weight. Not heavy enough for hunting, but it will be something a lot better than the toy models offered and he can learn the basics with it before I get him something like a Vixen.
wabi
dw

Post by dw »

good to hear from you wabi. i havn't been on much lately like i used to. kids are keeping me busy 2 boys 13 and 12. i bought the barnett over the internet. 4 places i tried were sold out. said thay can't keep them in stock. we'll see.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

There is allways one Black sheep in every family :lol: :lol: Let us know how you like it when you get it :cry:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

dw
Is that the one with the 375 fps advertised speed?

It looks nice,I would hope with all the negative feedback and the poor quality stigma to the barnett name that they would do something about it.

I dont know,maybe they are after a different market
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

DW sort of like me buying a in line muzzle loader. I built flint locks and bought one just to see how it works.
ManX

Post by ManX »

It is really fast, but long as an Excalibur(long powerstrokes) but more heavy and not so easy to change the String as an Horton.
A frind of me has it, I prefere my ExomaX :wink:
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/ManX850/exorealtree-1.jpg[/img] ExomanX, Meopta 3100,[url=http://www.wolfszeit.com/images/WO.Mo.09-li..JPG]Wolfszeit[/url] scope mount, produce in ManX Factory spa: shock absorbers, 48 fff , 2216xx78 27% foc
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ordered the phantom jr. for my son today. It's the RC 150 frame with a recurve prod. The shop owner said he might be able to get me an RC 150 riser in the future if I want to upgrade it. (he's also a warranty repair agent, and can often get parts free or cheap)
Not a big Barnett fan, but with the short stock and light physical weight it makes a much better fit for an 8 year old.
wabi
dw

Post by dw »

well predator came yesterday. i gotta say it's very nice. super fast, very quiet and well made. however the teflon that is on the rail that the string rides along had some rough spots on it. probably would have never hurt nothing but for $580.00 bucks i was disappointed. i called barnett they said i coud shoot it and see if the serving starts to wear faster than normal. supposed to be able to get a couple of hundred shots out of a serving, or i could send it back. i sent it back today. man i miss it already. hope the next one's good. "told you so" yea i know but this thing is really nice and customer service seems very good so far., will post a pic when new bow comes.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
dw

Post by dw »

heres my letter to barnett after getting my new crossbow back from warranty. what a p o s !
hi. i purchased a new predator about 3 weeks ago. the rail had some real rough spots on it and a nick in it. plus there were places on the stock that had no camo color on it. i called barnett and they said i could just sand the rail down. that it should be ok. i replied i didnt pay 600.00 dollars for a new crossbow to have to fix it myself to be able to shoot it. she agreed and said send it back. i sent it back at 20.00 cost to me. it came back with a new stock. it looked really good. i go to put it together and the screw hole for the quiver mounting bracket is not drilled deep enough. so i cut some of the screw off to make it work. the screws to tighten the stock adjustment were so tight i had to run a tap thru it to get the screws to tighten up. our archery season in maryland opens monday and i really want to use this new bow. i go up to the range to sight it in and the serving becomes totaly useless after about 40 shots. looks like there might be a burr on the trigger latch. should i have fixed this to? yes i waxed the string regularly. plus the bottom of the trigger was hitting the the trigger guard and sticking. i filed a little bit off to make it work properly. i own a tenpoint, an excalibur and a parker crossbow. never had any kind of issues like this. i was very hesitant about buying a barnett because of all the negative things i read on the internet about them. but i read on crossbow review.com how well made the "new" barnetts were. so i buy one and can't believe how poorly it is made. i would really like to return it and get my money back but ye olde archery shop wont refund my money. what should i do? glad i have a back up bow to use because i cant use the predator now. my name is dave wasserman. my phone #is xxx-xxx-xxxx if someone from barnett wants to contact me.
Last edited by dw on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you gotta love it"
saxman

Post by saxman »

Sorry to hear of your trouble

After reading this I am going to check with EVERYONE I do business with about there return policy before I buy and make sure I get ALL my money back if not satisfied.

I hope it works out for you.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Allan

Post by Allan »

This is an interesting tale,

Please keep us updated.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Be careful . . .if you do alterations, it voids the warranty. :?

Live and learn. I've paid for some college courses that taught me less and they cost more.

When I went into the Archery shop here to buy a crossbow. The guy at the shop wouldn't even show me a Barnett off the rack. He did show me the ones in his repair room . . .it was full of Barnetts.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
dw

Post by dw »

here is the reply i got via pm at crossbow nation.com

Re: predator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave,

I am very sorry that you have had such an ordeal. We have been working very hard at eliminating problem bows.

I would VERY much like to get my hands on that Predator and send you a replacement bow. I will set up a call tag to have that bow sent back to Barnett (free of charge). You will receive a phone call from the Service Manager to set up a call tag from UPS.

I will personally go over your bow to see the issues and see that you get a brand new Predator.

Thank you for contacting me directly through crossbownation.com. We are trying to work with up and coming sites, forums and chat-rooms to provide service to all of our customers.

If you don't hear from the Service manager today (Monday) please let me know.

BXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhas3
hi. i purchased a new predator about 3 weeks ago. the rail had some real rough spots on it and a nick in it. plus there were places on the stock that had no camo color on it. i called barnett and they said i could just sand the rail down. that it should be ok. i replied i didnt pay 600.00 dollars for a new crossbow to have to fix it myself to be able to shoot it. she agreed and said send it back. i sent it back at 20.00 cost to me. it came back with a new stock. it looked really good. i go to put it together and the screw hole for the quiver mounting bracket is not drilled deep enough. so i cut some of the screw off to make it work. the screws to tighten the stock adjustment were so tight i had to run a tap thru it to get the screws to tighten up. our archery season in maryland opens monday and i really want to use this new bow. i go up to the range to sight it in and the serving becomes totaly useless after about 40 shots. looks like there might be a burr on the trigger latch. should i have fixed this to? yes i waxed the string regularly. plus the bottom of the trigger was hitting the the trigger guard and sticking. i filed a little bit off to make it work properly. i own a tenpoint, an excalibur and a parker crossbow. never had any kind of issues like this. i was very hesitant about buying a barnett because of all the negative things i read on the internet about them. but i read on crossbow review.com how well made the "new" barnetts were. so i buy one and can't believe how poorly it is made. i would really like to return it and get my money back but ye olde archery shop wont refund my money. what should i do? glad i have a back up bow to use because i cant use the predator now. my name is dave wasserman. my phone #is 443-789-2562 if you or someone from barnett wants to contact me.
"you gotta love it"