no customer service from BSS (BowhunterSuperstore)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

Got this response this morning:
You have the perfect email
No refunds, no sincere attempt to communicate and solve the problem, just a smart a$$ reply.

I've spent a lot with them in the past, too. And this is the response I get to telling them I think I've been overcharged $3.50! Guess they think the loss of one customer will not hurt their business.

I'm passing this information on so the forum members can make up their own minds when it comes to buying there. What if you're the next customer they decide to push aside when the have a complaint?
wabi
brw

Post by brw »

Wow, that's disappointing to hear their response, especially after you have been a past customer. I think they are sadly mistaken if they believe this kind of publicity won't hurt their business.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Wabi

Send them the link to this thread
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
widowman

Post by widowman »

wabi,

im just curious, did the shipping say $3.50 and then they charged you $7.00

or have you ordered there before and the shipping was $3.50 and they rasied it to $7.00.

Honestly, plenty of people on Ebay use shipping cost to increase profits, that is on of the most important things to look at when buying on EBay
fratri

BSS response

Post by fratri »

I hope no one minds but I emailed them myself, just to clarify my understand of the situation and here is how it went.....
My email to them.......There are 2 sides to a story, thats why I emailed you directly to understand....The original question/post was about a $3.50 difference in shipping.... I guess the problem was not only did the store not want to match the shipping/give him a refund/credit for the $3.50 but the response he got from someone in your store.... "should of shopped around first" thats not exactly a store that I would like to support with a comment like that...surely there must be more to it or did someone overlooked a simple request to match a $3.50 (from the customers point of view) shipping overcharge... I sent them a copy of the link...

here is the BSS response...

Frank, We get requests all the time from buyers remorsefull that they did not " shop around". We sell over 3000 single sale items on ebay every day. They have shipping attached and fixed. Our online store does not have affixed shipping, but a shipping chart that allows customers to see what they are buying, and how much it will cost. This customer did not ask for a price match, he emailed after buying the item, trying to get the perceived $ 3.50 to be " Gifted to Him" for his Misunderstood reason that we charged him too much. I promise to treat everyone fairly, but shopping around would have been better beforehand than his shopping around afterward. Ebay is an automated system that allows us to perform at less expense and sometimes is cheaper. We cannot take a Liberal view of trying to match apples to oranges when the Ebay system is different and less expensive to do business. By the way, That posting gave us a mid-day order rush of about 15 hard core customers who wanted to show us their support by placing orders. I guess it all worked out. Thanks for your e-mail Mark

I guess even bad publicity is a good thing...

As I said I hope no one minds me sending the email and trying to give them a chance to clarify.... unfortuneatly they made it clear on where they stand.....You would think a store like that would manage costumer service a little better...
Kelley

Re: BSS response

Post by Kelley »

fratri wrote:
here is the BSS response...

Frank, We get requests all the time from buyers remorsefull that they did not " shop around". We sell over 3000 single sale items on ebay every day. They have shipping attached and fixed. Our online store does not have affixed shipping, but a shipping chart that allows customers to see what they are buying, and how much it will cost. This customer did not ask for a price match, he emailed after buying the item, trying to get the perceived $ 3.50 to be " Gifted to Him" for his Misunderstood reason that we charged him too much. I promise to treat everyone fairly, but shopping around would have been better beforehand than his shopping around afterward. Ebay is an automated system that allows us to perform at less expense and sometimes is cheaper. We cannot take a Liberal view of trying to match apples to oranges when the Ebay system is different and less expensive to do business. By the way, That posting gave us a mid-day order rush of about 15 hard core customers who wanted to show us their support by placing orders. I guess it all worked out. Thanks for your e-mail Mark

I guess even bad publicity is a good thing...
This just reinforces my resolve not to buy from this merchant. I guess they don't need our business. BSS must stand for BULL S--T STORE.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
bj

Post by bj »

ordered some tiger stripe blazers from them...the packages were marked 200 quantity but there were only 100 in them...emailed them twice with "no response"...i'm done too!...go figure ???????...
Guigsy

Post by Guigsy »

Wow, doesn't this place sound like a nice place to shop. Never have and with all this info, never will! I can't, for the life of me, believe the responses you people are getting from them to your emails. Sad, really sad!
wabi

Post by wabi »

The shipping from their store was $7.00 when I placed the order, then I checked eBay and found the same item for the same price with shipping only being $3.50. I could have cancelled the order from the store and re-ordered from eBay saving $3.50, but I thought I'd ask for a price adjustment first. By the time I got the refusal it was too late to easily cancel.
I received the package this morning. The actual postage they paid was $2.26. It was shipped in a padded manila envelope which costs around $0.30 when bought in quantities of 100, so that leaves the cost of the shipping label and the ink to print it to add to the price. I'm sure at $3.50 they aren't making much profit, but then they should make the profit on the item they sell. At $7.00 shipping charge they ARE profiting from the shipping charge!

I also received a package from Cabela's in today's mail. They charged me $7.95 shipping. It measured 24"x15"x12" and weighed 11lb 5oz. It was shipped USPS Priority - the postage alone cost Cabela's $9.12.
I'm sure they make a small profit on shipping some items, but they took a loss on this one and they even include a prepaid return label in case you need to return the item. That's the kind of service I appreciate!
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That email from BSS has a funny odor to it.
It first says they get over 3000 sales a day, then ends with saying 15 people were a "mid day order rush". What a joke.
They claim 125 sales per hour on average, then call 15 sales a "rush". Sounds like deception.
I'll take Wabi's side on this one, even if he were in the wrong any company that claims a sale every 2 minutes of every day (ebay only)should have a better grasp on how to handle a customer then to respond in the manner they did, especially over a couple dollars.
Customer service isn't always about giving the customer what they want, but about how the sale is handled and how your customer feels after it is all complete.
Also, I highly doubt 15 people from here went to send them money just to show support, that is ass backwards business.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
cbruce

Post by cbruce »

So where are the trusted, reputable and also good priced salers out there for us? We need to share some info for the good ones in this forum too. Can you recommend some for us? How about Cabela's? Any else?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Here's another tid bit on bhss. Their return policy was 'store credit" only, last I knew. IOW, $500 sent there for a bow stays there. Cabela's is higher but when I shipped a blown Quad 400 back a month and a half [sat NIB a bit] after I got it, no questions asked. If I recall they gave me a lower price on it because I had an old catalog.
"Eze 18:21"
saxman

Post by saxman »

The response e mail i'm sure was written by an adult but it sounds like a spoiled little brat wrote it with an "I'll show you " attitude.NEENER NEENER NEENER I can see the thumbs in the ears with the fingers waveing back and forth and the tounge sticking out.

I dont know who owns that store but they need to grow up.

Back in my day at school those boys got their ass whipped.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Boo

Post by Boo »

I wonder if his pants are on fire? :D :D :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

I would like to thank all the members who have read this post and supported me in my efforts to make potential buyers aware that BSS has a radical attitude toward customer service.
I'm sure there are plenty of businesses in this world that has an attitude of "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware), but when I went to business college it was suggested that attitude was probably not a good policy.
My efforts to reveal my story may not have much of an impact on their sales, but I hope my friends on this forum are saved having to suffer a similar experience.
Thanks for your support!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
wabi