no customer service from BSS (BowhunterSuperstore)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

I wonder if his pants are on fire? :D :D :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

I would like to thank all the members who have read this post and supported me in my efforts to make potential buyers aware that BSS has a radical attitude toward customer service.
I'm sure there are plenty of businesses in this world that has an attitude of "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware), but when I went to business college it was suggested that attitude was probably not a good policy.
My efforts to reveal my story may not have much of an impact on their sales, but I hope my friends on this forum are saved having to suffer a similar experience.
Thanks for your support!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

You have my support brother
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Boo

Post by Boo »

You know what bothers me the most Mike? It's their willingness to treat two people differently. One gets A $7.00 shipping charge and the other has a $3.50 charge? The money isn't the problem as you know Mike. I deal with The Bow Shop and Gagnon's because I do not have to second guess any purchases. That is what I do not like the most in your transaction. I am left wondering how else did they treat me differently in the past and what is in store for the future purchases. With the retailers I mentioned, I tell them what I want and I trust them to treat me well and I've never been abused.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

I too am surprised at the response from them purely from a business standpoint. You got my support Wabi.

So where is a good place to buy equipment and supplies?
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have done some business with these folks,they were under a different name then.
This is where I bought my Equinox.
They had good prices and fast shipping and were very nice.

I don't know about anyone elses dealings with them but I like them

http://www.westernhuntingonline.com/store/index.php
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
widowman

Post by widowman »

wabi wrote:The shipping from their store was $7.00 when I placed the order, then I checked eBay and found the same item for the same price with shipping only being $3.50. I could have cancelled the order from the store and re-ordered from eBay saving $3.50, but I thought I'd ask for a price adjustment first. By the time I got the refusal it was too late to easily cancel.
I received the package this morning. The actual postage they paid was $2.26. It was shipped in a padded manila envelope which costs around $0.30 when bought in quantities of 100, so that leaves the cost of the shipping label and the ink to print it to add to the price. I'm sure at $3.50 they aren't making much profit, but then they should make the profit on the item they sell. At $7.00 shipping charge they ARE profiting from the shipping charge!

I also received a package from Cabela's in today's mail. They charged me $7.95 shipping. It measured 24"x15"x12" and weighed 11lb 5oz. It was shipped USPS Priority - the postage alone cost Cabela's $9.12.
I'm sure they make a small profit on shipping some items, but they took a loss on this one and they even include a prepaid return label in case you need to return the item. That's the kind of service I appreciate!
If that is the case, you are the one in the wrong. You were the one that placed an order, knowing that the shipping charge was.

Then after the fact, you see that it is lower somewhere else, so you decide that it is owed to you? If you had a problem paying that much for shipping, you should have not completed the order.

As mentioned, you could have shopped around before hand. Also, shipping charges not only include shipping cost, but also handling as well.

IMO, you are way out of line to make a bad choice and then blame it on the company. Moreover, to slander them on a website is completely uncalled for.

How about taking some personal responsibility?

In my experience, Bowhunters Super Store has been a joy to work with. Their prices are very competitive and I have always received my items in a more than timely manner (1-2 days, they are close to my location).

Conversely, i just placed an order with Cabela's for 10 packs of broadheads. The order took 5 days to get here and the shipping was 12.95, for a package that may have weighed 1 lb. I am not slamming Cabela's, that is what their shipping charge was and I was willing to pay it. Should I have been upset that they would have shipped for $2.95 if I purchased another $40 worth of items?

Once again, take some personal responsibility for your own actions and quit slandering a company that was not deceiving at all.
Rich

Post by Rich »

I've done @ a dozen transactions with BHSS (to include 2 VZ, 1 LZ, Phoenix with Right Stuff package, and Exocet 200) and have received nothing but prompt, courteous and reliable service from them. In fact my Lumizone that went was returned and refunded from them without question. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Rich
Yellowlab823

Post by Yellowlab823 »

Looks like I opened the flood gate. Look out down river. The good thing about this forum everyone can learn something new and or share information.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Widowman said:
If that is the case, you are the one in the wrong. You were the one that placed an order, knowing that the shipping charge was.

Then after the fact, you see that it is lower somewhere else, so you decide that it is owed to you? If you had a problem paying that much for shipping, you should have not completed the order.
It was not cheaper somewhere else! It was a lesser shipping charge when ordered for the same company on eBay than directly from their store.
IMO, you are way out of line to make a bad choice and then blame it on the company. Moreover, to slander them on a website is completely uncalled for.
Definition of slander:
A false and malicious statement or report about someone.
I never made any false statements! I simply shared my experience concerning their lack of making any attempt to address me displeasure. (lack of customer service)
I DID telephone them after I found the shipping charges were 1/2 the price when the same merchandise was ordered on eBay and was told by the clerk that I talked with that the owner (manager) could only be reached by email, he would not take any phone calls. I mentioned canceling the order and re-ordering on eBay and the clerk told me that in fact I could do that, but the owner would probably refund the excess charge when he read my email. By the time I was told "tough luck" by the owner the order had already been shipped.

Once again, take some personal responsibility for your own actions and quit slandering a company that was not deceiving at all.
I did accept the order and paid the extra shipping charges rather than try any further attempts at resolving the dispute. I ordered from a company I had done several hundred dollars business with in the past, then later discovered they offered the same item on eBay as they sold from their online store at half the shipping cost. I asked for a reduction in shipping costs an the order I had placed and that request was refused by the owner. I paid the extra cost, I accepted the order when it was delivered, and I reported the experience to the other forum members.
No lies, no deceit on my part = no slander!

It's over with, my life goes on, but I will never buy another item from BSS!

But I sure don't appreciate your accusations of slander, which I read as insinuating I'm in some sense lying about the incident. I made a mistake by not shopping around more, I paid the price! I posted my side of the story as factually as I could in order to, perhaps, save someone else the same unpleasant experiences. I you disagree and wish to spend your dollars there, go right ahead! But please don't accuse me of slander when it's not true! - You should choose your words more carefully.
wabi
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Poor business practice no matter how you look at. The tone in the email was clear, and should not have been directed at Wabi. Whether he was in the wrong or not (I'm leaning to the 'not') customer service 101 is not to rebuke a customer like that. They should have worked through the issue.
It's a piss poor attitude that is plaguing many retailers, online or otherwise. The age old adage of 'customer first' has slipped and fallen to the wayside in alot of industries.

Wabi, it's too bad you had this experience, but it only takes one instance to lose a customer as they had.

You were will within your rights to bring this up. This is the forum to do so. People can make their own informed decisions, based on their own personal experiences and that of others.

Thanks for sharing.
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

the email from the head guy is what got to me, thats just pure bad business!

i am glad i caught this thread as i was going to watch a couple of his ebay items but now i think ill pass.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
widowman

Post by widowman »

Wabi,

I completely see your post as nothing more than a malicious attack as an attempt make them lose customers.

lets see....

Quote:
I apologize you didnt shop around before your purchase.

Ebay can be cheaper or more depending.

If you want the best price, always shop around.

Mark

Sent this in reply:
Quote:
Sounds to me like I just lost $3.50.
Guess what!
You just lost a customer!
And I will certainly make your lack of customer service known on several
archery forums!

From what I read, he returned your email, first apologizing, then letting you know that some times its cheaper some times its more expensive. I could see how if you already spent his employees time taking your order that it could be more expensive than an electronic transaction, and that he may not be willing to refund your money. You do nothing but come back and attack and threaten him with, exclamation points and threats of going on to archery forums.

Because I feel that BHSS has always been fair with me and their customer service top notch and apparently several others here feel the same, your claim of NO customer service is FALSE and your attempts to make them lose customers by posting negatively on internet websites was MALICIOUS, put them both together and what to you get......SLANDER.

If it's over with, and you've gone on with life, why respond after over a month???
wabi

Post by wabi »

Widowman,
If it's over with, and you've gone on with life, why respond after over a month???
Because I just saw your reply. :wink:

I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing contest with you over it. You have your opinion, and I have mine. They happen to be quite different. You think of it a slander, I think of it a "a word to the wise".

I apologise if you can't see my good intentions of sharing the details of a bad experience to hopefully save some of my good friends here on the Excal forum of making the same mistake of not shopping around, just like he suggested.

Caveat Emptor!

BTW -
you said:
I could see how if you already spent his employees time taking your order that it could be more expensive than an electronic transaction, and that he may not be willing to refund your money.
My order was an "electronic transaction". I ordered online and paid through payPal, just like an eBay sale would require, but without an employee having to enter all the information on eBay and their having to pay eBay a transaction fee. So my purchase actually cost them less than selling the same item on eBay!
wabi
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i have bought from them in the past and haven't had any problems and shipping was decent...i'm bothered by there response though ...