no customer service from BSS (BowhunterSuperstore)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

It's a free world that we live in, everyone can do as they please with their money and their views. I for one will not buy from them again because they do not treat everyone the same as well as the fact that they wrote to a paying customer the way they did. Obviously no one here will look at anyone poorly or differently for doing business with BSS. Wabi is doing what some of us want and that is to inform others of what he didn't like. He knows we choose what we do with our own business in the end. I appreciate Wabi's input.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mikej

Post by mikej »

i appreciate your input also wabi if they are willing to loose a customer over 3.50$ :shock: then they don't need my business
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

not sure whether was bss or another supplier but i priced a package of broadheads the other day and shipping on one blister pack was 9.00. did not take me long to vacate that site. i too will not even look at the bss site from now on.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bill morrison wrote:not sure whether was bss or another supplier but i priced a package of broadheads the other day and shipping on one blister pack was 9.00. did not take me long to vacate that site. i too will not even look at the bss site from now on.
im not sure where you will find shipping cheaper than 7.95 anywhere for items online no matetr how little the price..

Shipping should have been 7.95 from BSS though... dunno where they got 9bucks from?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I just ordered two wooden stakes from BSS.

The shipping was $9.00.

I thought it extremely fair and worth every cent as I am going to drive both of the stakes through the heart of this thread in hopes of killing it once and for all. :lol:
dw

Post by dw »

i bought my y25 relayer from them on ebay. they had and still have the cheapest price on them that i know of. 749.00. i paid with the wrong credit card and when i realized it i called them and asked them if they could cancell the paypal transaction and recharge it to the card i wanted to use in the first place. they said no problem and took care of it promptly. my bow arrived the next day. i'm happy. have bought several things from them with no problem.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
dw

Post by dw »

i just went on their website to buy a fast flight string 19.99 9.00 shipping
i went to their ebay store 19.99 2.50 shipping. i bought it from ebay. always check your prices!
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

dw wrote:i just went on their website to buy a fast flight string 19.99 9.00 shipping
i went to their ebay store 19.99 2.50 shipping. i bought it from ebay. always check your prices!
"dw"
Danny Miller $14. Not sure on shipping, probably a buck or two.
"Eze 18:21"
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

where is everyone getting 9bucks from?? Im showing anything up to 30bucks is only 7 for shipping?

up to 75 is 8.50

they always give me the 7.95 shipping even when I buy 90bucks worth from them... they must like me I guess :P
dw

Post by dw »

my mistake 7.00 ground
"dw"
* Treestands and any items over 8lbs must be preapproved for USPS Priority services by calling 1-800-745-4296 for additional charges.
Order Amount Ground 2-3 Day USPS Priority
Up to $30.00 $7.00 $10.95
$30.01 - $75.00 $8.50 $12.95
$75.01 - $100.00 $9.95 $15.95
$100.01 - $200.00 $11.95 $19.95
$201.00 and over $14.95 $21.00
"you gotta love it"
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

I had a similar experience to wabi's with BSS. I saw something on ebay they were selling & called to inquire about the specifics of the item. I decided to buy it while on the phone with them. When it was totaled up it was more than I could buy it for online. When I ask why I got the same answer stated above - ebay was cheaper for them to do business. I decided not to buy the item. They could at least tell their customers up front that they can by it cheaper through their ebay listings.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Most dissatisfied customers will not say anything at the time. They just won't do business with a place again.

Someone said it earlier in this thread that customer service seems to be a dying art. It's true. I guess people just don't care anymore. When I was doing the nuisance wildlife control, whenever I did a repair to keep a critter out, I made it so that it would stop anything short of an elephant. I didn't want to have to go back to the house because that was 1) bad impression to the customer if they had to call me back out; 2) lost money for me because they didn't get charged anything extra.

The customer should always come first, even if they are in the wrong. Ask anyone who is self employed how they treat their customers. If they treat them badly, they usually won't be in business too long.

I shop around to get the best price on stuff at times, but I also go back to certain places time after time, even if I have to pay a little extra. I know that if I ever have any kind of problem, they will make it right. That means a lot to me.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Big58cal wrote:Most dissatisfied customers will not say anything at the time. They just won't do business with a place again.

Someone said it earlier in this thread that customer service seems to be a dying art. It's true. I guess people just don't care anymore. When I was doing the nuisance wildlife control, whenever I did a repair to keep a critter out, I made it so that it would stop anything short of an elephant. I didn't want to have to go back to the house because that was 1) bad impression to the customer if they had to call me back out; 2) lost money for me because they didn't get charged anything extra.

The customer should always come first, even if they are in the wrong. Ask anyone who is self employed how they treat their customers. If they treat them badly, they usually won't be in business too long.

I shop around to get the best price on stuff at times, but I also go back to certain places time after time, even if I have to pay a little extra. I know that if I ever have any kind of problem, they will make it right. That means a lot to me.
I value good customer service.. I even email people 6 times per day to let them know how their arrows are coming along.. im annoying sometimes :P Im a firm believer in keeping the buyer informed of the status. But as you said, most places just want money and care less about talking to the person. I went in Gander Mountain the other day and waited 10 mins and no one offered to help me. They had something in the case I wanted, but needed a key to get. I love gander mountain, but got one bad impression of them a few days ago. I wont let they stop me from buying from them. Maybe they were shorthanded that day.. who knows.. 1 bad experience out of about 25 dealings doesnt sway me though :D
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote: im annoying sometimes :P

TEAM ONTARIO wrote: Some times? That's a laugh. The dewd is a hoser! No chance in the contest, eh?
CF, just had to share that private message I received.