no customer service from BSS (BowhunterSuperstore)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

no customer service from BSS (BowhunterSuperstore)

Post by wabi »

Recently posted about BSS charging double the s&h from their store than on eBay. I emailed and got no response, so I phoned Monday and was told I would have to wait for an email from the owner. Emailed again today and got this answer:
I apologize you didnt shop around before your purchase.

Ebay can be cheaper or more depending.

If you want the best price, always shop around.

Mark
Sent this in reply:
Sounds to me like I just lost $3.50.
Guess what!
You just lost a customer!
And I will certainly make your lack of customer service known on several
archery forums!
Sorry folks, but I don't like that type of customer dis-service! I'll never spend another cent there even if they refund my full purchase price!
wabi
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Good to know.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

You mean that they would knowingly whiz off a customer for $3.50???

That is REAL BS...

Thanks for the heads up..

No BSS for me.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
saxman

Post by saxman »

Ditto on the no business, No BSS for me either
Thats crap.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

You mean you actually got a reply? Better than i could muster when I sent them a message about future availability of CB serving.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

well i use to order from them..... I cant believe they replied in that manner!
mikej

Post by mikej »

i've never bought anything there before but thanks for the heads up i won't be either
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mike, that is a pretty lowly amount. Shows you how much of a two-bit company they are! I spend easily a few thousand dollars a year on archery stuff and will not spend a red cent there again. I will also block their emails to me.
I think it would be prudent to let some more responses gather then send the "big guy" a like to this thread!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Some "superstore"!!! Super stupid!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

No more orders from me!!!!!!!!!
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
saxman

Post by saxman »

When I first got off the road playing music (no place for kids) I went to work for a national autoglass company.
I was sent to Wichita Kansas for three weeks training.
We had a few days of actual hands on glass work but the rest of the time was spent on customer service.

How to properly answer the phone,interpet what the customers needs are and repond to them in a accurate,timely and friendly maner.

I learned that a happy customer will tell a few people how we did in serving their needs
But an unhappy customer will tell MANY people and the trickle down effect begins.If it was a very bad experiance then it can go on for weeks and lots of people will hear of it.
You will never really know how many customers you lost.

With the hunting and shooting sports under constant attack,the companys that serve us should be bending over backwards to make sure that our needs are met and when it is brought to their attention that they have dropped the ball,they should make it right and then some.

To respond to a paying customer complaining about an obvious ripoff in shipping in that rude tone is complety unacceptable and has now cost them COUNTLESS DOLLARS from this forum alone and I hope it is brought to their attention.

When I left the glass company(because of my transplant)I was no longer phyicaly able to do solo installs so my manager had me strictly doing warranty work so every customer I saw everyday had a problem and most werent happy so I learned how th be customer friendly and they all wanted only one thing.
FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE IT RIGHT,RIGHT NOW.
And IMHO yhay is what they deserve.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I have spent over a $1000.00 there and i am very surprised with that response. If that is the fact i will not shop there any more either :x
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

This far they have ben quite good at answering questions from me and seemed to be a nice store. But when you get answers like that you see the true spirit...

Good to know. I will not order anything from them from Sweden. You just wonder what the would say if I got problems a half world away...
diesel

Post by diesel »

Sorry you are having bad luck with them wabi, They have always been great to me. I do not spend a lot with them but for sure is the first place I look for stuff.
I was looking to buy some inserts and nochs for some carbon express bolts and saw the shipping was $ 7.00 because that was all I wanted I just did not order .
The cost of gas going up is making everything go up. Just about everything I order the cost of shipping has doubled I don't like it but what can we do.
Bow Hunters Super Store sends me a add every month with a $5.00 off all orders over $50.00 the only thing is I do not have to spend $50.00 so does not do me much good.
brw

Post by brw »

I am fairly new to the sport of crossbow hunting, but have almost exclusively used BSS for all my crossbow supplies. Never had a problem, and have always received great customer service. I have to say that I am really surprised you got such a response from them, as it only takes one bad experience for people to spend their money elsewhere. I would hope that you will hear from them again, and that they would work to resolve any problems. Keep us posted, and thanks to all for the vast amounts of knowledge shared on this forum.